ViaVan is a tech company providing the largest on-demand shared ride service in Europe. We’re a joint venture between Via, the world’s leading on-demand shared rides technology developer, and Daimler (Mercedes-Benz), the world’s preeminent automotive company. We aim to transform the way people move around cities making it fast, affordable and beneficial for riders, drivers and the community. ViaVan has operations in Amsterdam, London and Berlin with tens of thousands daily rides.
As a Masters Intern in Amsterdam, you’ll receive unique immersion into all aspects of the tech industry: entrepreneurship, data analytics, operations management, and product/business development. You will be a part of our Amsterdam team as we scale and improve our service in this key market. We are looking for candidates who get excited about owning responsibility over real parts of our business and who will help us make the city of Amsterdam an even better place to live in and explore.
What you will do:
- Work closely with our senior team on growing and enhancing ViaVan’s day-to-day operations
- Run data-driven analysis to identify potential levers for improvement
- Take part in the decision-making process on what our service should look like and how it should work
- Work with our Amsterdam team, as well as our remote teams in New York and Tel Aviv, to test and implement changes in our algorithm and processes
- Utilize proprietary technology to monitor ViaVan’s operations in real time and ensure its smooth execution
Who you are:
- Independent, enterprising self-starter, comfortable taking on a high level of responsibility
- Outgoing and sociable; willing to wear multiple hats and work on projects of all types. Not afraid to “get your hands dirty” in solving actual problems
- Cool under pressure; even when juggling multiple inquiries, you remain focused and structured to successfully deliver on your projects
- Analytically savvy with experience in data driven analyses (Excel and preferably Tableau) and a passion to drill deep
- A savvy, tactful, and graceful communicator – you intuitively find the right tone in every situation
- Currently studying at Masters (MSc) level
- Fun to be around and looking to work in a team of a dozen highly enthusiastic and amazing colleagues :)
- Allowed to work in The Netherlands (unfortunately we are unable to sponsor visas for internships)
Commitment: This is a paid internship (full-time) for a period of 6-9 months, with the possibility to extend based on availability & performance. Start and end dates of this internship are flexible and will be set based on the candidate’s availability and business need. This position is based in Amsterdam. ViaVan is an equal opportunity employer.