Via is re-engineering public transit, from a regulated system of rigid routes and schedules to a fully dynamic, on-demand network. Via’s mobile app connects multiple passengers who are headed the same way, allowing riders to seamlessly share a dynamically-routed vehicle. First launched in New York City in September 2013, the Via platform operates in New York City, Chicago, and Washington DC, and in London and Amsterdam through ViaVan, its joint venture with Mercedes-Benz Vans. Via also licenses its revolutionary on-demand transit technology to transportation players globally.
As Billing Analyst, you will be responsible for leading the billing operations at Via.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Lead the monthly billing process by preparing and distributing invoices to all of Via’s B2B customers.
- Serve in a customer service capacity by handling customer inquiries and resolving billing issues.
- Monitor customer receivables and liaise directly with customers as the main billing contact for invoicing and collection activities.
- Work closely with other members of the finance team to understand tax implications of invoicing customers in new jurisdictions.
- Be a bridge between internal teams, the Finance team and the external world: Work cross-functionally with the expansion, business development, legal, and data science teams to understand business initiatives and new customer contract economics for invoicing purposes.
- Enhance the control environment around the billing cycle: Identify key pain points and establish new control guidelines and efficiencies between our ERP and CRM systems.
- Report to Via’s senior management: Build tools and reports to track the Company’s partnership revenue by customer and type, and prepare reporting and analysis for senior management
- Manage all related aspects for Via’s monthly financial close.
- Independent, self-starter who is comfortable taking on significant responsibility.
- Organized with an ability to multitask and work under deadlines.
- Have a strong sense of ownership; you don’t shy away from the details and you’re committed to completing each task with a high degree of accuracy.
- Have at least a Bachelor’s Degree in accounting, finance or related field, and a record of exceptional academic achievement
- Several years of experience working in a professional accounting role or billing analyst role.
- Experience with NetSuite / ERP systems, and Salesforce are a plus.