Via, the world’s leading on-demand shared rides technology developer and provider, and Daimler (Mercedes-Benz), the world’s preeminent automotive company, have launched ViaVan, a joint venture to transform the way people move around cities. ViaVan is launching on-demand shared mobility services in Europe using Via’s revolutionary technology and leads the cooperation to design and build transformative mobility technology with both the Via and Mercedes-Benz Vans teams. In Berlin we have launched BerlKönig together with our partners from BVG, Berlin’s public transport agency. Our service here is the largest public sector deployment of an on-demand shuttle service anywhere in the world.
As a Principal - City Economics, you will be responsible for the planning of our business operations and striking the fine balance between optimal supply levels, unit economics and operational complexity. In addition you are responsible for continuously improving our processes and tools that support our team in this task. This is an opportunity for a world-class operator to step into a leadership role in a key strategic market at the intersection of finance and operations.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Own KPIs on city economics and supply levels (e.g. utilization of drivers) and derive improvement initiatives based on rigorous data analysis
- Align with rest of the leadership team on the strategic plan and overall objectives on supply levels, quality of service, unit economics and service growth
- Optimize daily supply planning to ensure high utilization of drivers and fleet as well as a great rider experience and monitor and react to supply levels in real time
- Work closely with our data science and product teams to improve and customize our tech products and algorithms that support supply planning and city economics
- Coordinate with our driver and fleet team to understand operational limitations and complexities that should be taken into consideration
- Tirelessly improve existing process and products to create the base for further scaling and growth of our business
- You thrive in fast-paced environments, troubleshooting issues in real-time and overseeing multiple tasks simultaneously
- A quantitative mastermind: Modeling, financial planning and quantitative analysis is the foundation of everything you do but you have learned that this is only a tool to address real world challenges
- A great executor: you are detail-oriented and get the job done
- An exceptional team player: people love working with you and for you
- An independent self-starter: you enjoy working as part of a small team and are excited to help build ViaVan Berlin from the ground up
- Have at least 3-5 years of professional experience in a fast-paced environment
- Have a Master’s Degree in Business Administration, Technology or other quantitative topic from a top-tier university (an MBA or PhD is preferred) and a record of exceptional academic achievement
- Fully fluent in German and English
ViaVan offers above market compensation packages and benefits, including equity, health insurance, and relocation assistance.
ViaVan is an equal opportunity employer.