Via is re-engineering public transit, from a regulated system of rigid routes and schedules to a fully dynamic, on-demand network. Via’s mobile app connects multiple passengers who are headed the same way, allowing riders to seamlessly share a dynamically-routed vehicle. First launched in New York City in September 2013, the Via platform operates in New York City, Chicago, and Washington DC, and in London and Amsterdam through ViaVan, its joint venture with Mercedes-Benz Vans. Via also licenses its revolutionary on-demand transit technology to transportation players globally.
As a Global Marketplace Revenue & Pricing Associate, you will be responsible for driving revenue growth in Via’s consumer cities, working towards both unit-economics and P&L targets. You will achieve those goals by generating data-driven insights, developing pricing strategy, and deploying new product features. You’ll work closely with operations teams, financial analysts, product experts, engineers, and data scientists to develop ideas, deploy tests, and understand results. We are a low-ego, high-impact team who enjoy finding creative solutions to complex problems.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Structuring, executing, and analyzing AB tests for new features and pricing strategies
- Working with city teams, general managers, and senior management to develop and implement pricing + growth strategies and improve competitive positioning
- Building insightful analyses and dashboards to identify opportunities and track progress
- Taking on speculative research projects that use Via’s proprietary datasets to uncover insights that drive operational change
- Ideating, pitching, and executing proposals to maximize revenue (new features; new product lines or subscription models, etc.)
- Engage with a variety of technologies to design and implement initiatives (SQL, Excel, Tableau, Python, R, etc.)
- Analytically fluent and experienced in extracting insights from large datasets
- Familiar with financial and accounting concepts
- Comfortable with technical tools (e.g., Python, R, SQL, Tableau) and / or a willingness to develop this skill set
- Highly analytical and a good communicator. You can not only knock out a complex analysis, but can quickly distill key insights
- Able to own projects end-to-end, work independently, and synthesize complex topics
- Possess the interpersonal skills to work quickly across multiple teams, geographies, and stakeholders
- At least 1 year of work experience, likely at a high-growth startup or established tech company, consulting, or financial firm
- Bonus points for pre-existing knowledge of SQL, a high-level programming language (eg, Python), and/or advanced analytical tools (R, Pandas, Tableau)
Via offers above market compensation packages and benefits, including equity, health insurance, and relocation assistance.
Via is an equal opportunity employer.