We are looking for a business oriented Data Scientist to join our R&D center. The position is to be part of the team responsible for Via’s research in a wide variety of topics, implementing solutions, and presenting your results to senior management. Our team is working on discovering information hidden in vast amounts of data to make intelligent business decisions and to deliver better products. Critical projects will focus on data-driven insights to guide product development and business direction.
What You'll Do
- Analyze large and complex data sets to discover hidden opportunities and help translate them into real product improvements.
- Develop predictive components to be deeply embedded in the algorithm and increase system efficiency.
- Assume responsibility for your research project, from initiation and feature design, through gathering insights, to implementing solutions and monitoring their performance.
Who You Are
- MBA / M.Sc. degree in technical/quantitative disciplines or equivalent practical experience
- Strong background in analysis and modeling
- Advantage for people with consulting experience
- 4-5 years of professional experience.
- Unafraid of diving into uncharted territories.
- Hands on “can do” attitude - with a desire to tackle complex problems.
- Independent, capable of taking ownership on issues from end to end.
- Real life experience - implementing statistical and machine learning, time series analysis, mathematical modeling.
- Experience with scripting languages.
- Capable of summarizing complex data and visualizing it simply and succinctly.
- Curiosity and a will to learn new technologies.
We’re Via, and we build technology that changes the way the world moves. We pioneered the TransitTech category to ensure that the future of transportation is shared, dynamic public mobility — the kind that reduces carbon emissions across congested cities, minimizes reliance on private cars, and provides everyone with accessible, efficient, and affordable ways of getting around.
With the addition of Remix into our portfolio, we created the first end-to-end TransitTech solution for cities and transit agencies, offering world-class software, service design, and operational expertise to fundamentally improve the way the world moves.
We’re committed to building and nurturing a team as diverse as the communities we serve. Bringing transportation equity to the world begins with championing equal opportunity in our own offices. All backgrounds, identities, and voices are welcomed and celebrated here.
Ready to join the ride?