We are Via – Ride with us!
Via is developing the operating system that manages and controls shared mobility at scale.
Our platform provides many millions of rides to consumers in NYC, Chicago, Washington DC, London, Berlin, Amsterdam and many more locations.
We are helping cities transition their bus systems from rigid lines and fixed schedules to on-demand networks of dynamic shuttles.
Our Tel-Aviv office is full of passionate and innovative professionals who love working together to make something great. If you are up for a challenge and have a true desire to make an impact - Come ride with us!
We are looking for a Data Scientist to join our R&D center in TLV.
The position is to be part of a Development team responsible for Via’s research in wide variety of topics, implementing solutions, and presenting your results to senior management.
- Analyze large and complex data sets to discover hidden opportunities and help translate them into real world improvements.
- Develop predictive components to be deeply embedded in the algorithm and increase system efficiency.
- Model a wide variety of problems, such as congestion detection, demand prediction and personalized routing preferences.
- Assume responsibility for your research project, from initiation and feature design, through gathering insights, to implementing solutions and monitoring their performance.
- BSc. Computer Science or Advanced degree (Math, Computer Science, Bioinformatics, Statistics or a related discipline).
- 4-5 years of professional experience.
- Unafraid of diving into uncharted territories.
- Hands on “can do” attitude - with a desire to tackle complex problems.
- Independent, capable of taking ownership on issues from end to end.
- Real life experience - implementing statistical and machine learning, time series analysis, mathematical modeling.
- Experience with scripting languages.
- Capable of summarizing complex data and visualizing it simply and succinctly.
- Curiosity and a will to learn new technologies.