We are Via – Ride with us!
Via is developing the operating system that manages and controls shared mobility at scale.
Our platform provides many millions of rides to consumers in NYC, Chicago, Washington DC, London, Berlin, Amsterdam and many more locations.
We are helping cities transition their bus systems from rigid lines and fixed schedules to on-demand networks of dynamic shuttles.
Our Tel - Aviv office is full of passionate and innovative professionals who love working together to make something great. If you are up for a challenge and have a true desire to make an impact - Come ride with us!
We are looking for an Algorithms Researcher to join our R&D department in TLV.
The position is to explore the vast collection of relevant data and create the artificial intelligence algorithms that drive Via's mass scale, complex, multi-dimensional automated dispatch.
- Mathematically model the competing demands on Via's system.
- Use sophisticated statistical methods to analyze demand, traffic and fleet performance, and generate insights that inform algorithm development.
- Develop online decision-making systems that maximize fleet utilization while maintaining quality of service for riders.
- Develop algorithms that implement decision-making systems in an efficient and scalable way.
- BSc. Computer Science or similar.
- 4-5 years of professional experience.
- Significant academic research experience in relevant fields.
- Extensive knowledge of algorithms, with a focus on graph theory.
- Good understanding of statistics and data analysis techniques.
- Analytical: you can extract the essential features of a complex real-life problem to arrive at a simple and relevant mathematical model.
- Fast learner: you can quickly master concepts, disciplines and methods.
- Team worker: you understand the goals of the team and work towards them.
- Hands-on: you are able to realize your ideas in code.