At Via, we're on the cutting edge of mobility. We’re building revolutionary technology that’s changing the way people get around. It's on-demand transit on a mass scale, a smarter transportation that’s friendly to our planet. From on-demand autonomous shuttles in Australia to dynamically routed bus fleets in Singapore, our sophisticated operating system is powering transportation in the world’s biggest cities and is sought after by prominent transportation players globally. We’ve provided more than 50 million shared rides already, and we’re growing at an astonishing rate. We have offices in more than 15 countries, projects in more than 50 markets, and a goal of 200 deployments by the end of 2019. If you’re someone who relishes wearing multiple hats, never backs down from a challenge, and loves getting things done, we’d love to hear from you!
As Expansion Principal - Strategic Partnerships, you will scope and perfect partnership agreements with partners using Via’s on-demand transit solution (public transit agencies, corporations, colleges, and other transportation providers). You will be developing and managing relationships with partners, scoping services that will enable mutually successful deployments, negotiating complex terms, and setting the foundation for a seamless operational launch. Working closely with the Expansion team’s city launchers, legal, finance, and business development, and partnerships, you will be responsible for delivering successful Via partnerships to sustain the growth of its platform business.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Lead the contracting process with public and private transit partners who are interested in using Via’s on-demand transit technology and operations
- Negotiate with partners to drive positive outcomes on items such as financial and pricing conditions, legal terms, service levels, KPIs, product and service design, and governance
- Meticulously scope out work for all launch expansions, domestically and internationally
- Manage complex customer relationships and enable continuous progress from late stages of sale through early stages of service launch
- Utilize your understanding of Via’s product, service, and business models to negotiate agreements that foster sustainable partnerships and successful launches
- Experienced negotiator: you gracefully deliver tough messages and maintain constructive relationships with customers while driving the best outcomes for Via
- Build rapport easily: you have an easy way with people and listen astutely, picking up on others’ interests and priorities
- Contracts experience: you have experience managing complex contracting processes, preferably in the SaaS field, and are not afraid to dive into the nitty-gritty details of a complex commercial agreement
- Think like a lawyer (even if you don't have a law degree): you are commercially minded with a very strong attention to detail, and you assess risk in a multi-dimensional way
- A savvy and tactful communicator: you intuitively find the right tone in every situation and feel comfortable working with people from a wide range of backgrounds, ideally in multiple languages
- Organized project manager: you are an organized multi-tasker, excel at stakeholder management, and stick to timelines
- Bachelor's Degree required, MBA, J.D. or other graduate degree preferred
Via offers above market compensation packages and benefits, including equity, health insurance, and relocation assistance.
Via is an equal opportunity employer.