As Federal Policy & Government Affairs Principal, you will work with the VP of Policy & Government Affairs to develop and execute an impactful and comprehensive government relations and “thought leadership” strategy at the federal level.
What You'll Do
- Proactively initiate and cultivate relationships with federal policymakers and their staffs, ensuring Via’s policy stances are known
- Draft official written material: op-eds, blog posts, policy proposals, comments on regulations, formal correspondence, etc.
- Effectively represent Via and Via’s vision for the improvement of cities to the broader political and policy community
- Manage public policy firm and consultant engagements on targeted projects
- Work effectively within formal and informal industry coalitions, and otherwise develop industry contacts, to advance areas of common interest
- Represent the company at policy conferences and other forums
Who You Are
- 5-10 years' relevant experience
- A strategic thinker and day-to-day executor who can juggle several issues at once; you’re able to effectively consider and solve both short and long-term problems
- Execution-oriented; a self-starter who takes action and achieves tangible results
- A natural at public affairs; an excellent communicator with demonstrated writing, editing, and speaking skills
- You thrive in fast-paced environments and feel comfortable with a high level of responsibility
- You have a strong ability to articulate strategic objectives and have a deep knowledge of government and politics;
- In policy or geographic areas that are new to you, you can quickly get up to speed, identify the key issues, and quickly develop and execute a strategy;
- Have extensive experience managing relationships with a broad spectrum of stakeholders
- Have significant experience in government, policy, and political affairs
At Via, we're on the cutting edge of mobility. We’re building revolutionary technology that’s changing the way people get around. It's on-demand transit on a mass scale, a smarter transportation that’s friendly to our planet. From on-demand autonomous shuttles in Australia to dynamically routed bus fleets in Singapore, our sophisticated operating system is powering transportation in the world’s biggest cities and is sought after by prominent transportation players globally. We’ve provided more than 50 million shared rides already, and we’re growing at an astonishing rate. We have offices in more than 15 countries and deployments in more than 50 markets, with a goal of hundreds of deployments within the next two years. If you’re someone who relishes wearing multiple hats, never backs down from a challenge, and loves getting things done, we’d love to hear from you!
Via offers above market compensation packages and benefits, including equity, health insurance, and relocation assistance.
Via is an equal opportunity employer.