Venture Global LNG (“Venture Global”) is a long-term, low-cost provider of American-produced liquefied natural gas. The company’s two Louisiana-based export projects service the global demand for North American natural gas and support the long-term development of clean and reliable North American energy supplies. Using reliable, proven technology in an innovative plant design configuration, Venture Global’s modular, mid-scale plant design will replace traditional designs as it allows for the same efficiency and operational reliability at significantly lower capital cost.
The Plaquemines (Parish) Facility has an inside-the-fence combined-cycle gas-turbine (CCGT) power plant (~1200 MW upon completion of Phase II) consisting of GE 7EAs that will use feed-gas together with the boil off gas, associated HRSGs, and A200 steam turbines to produce the power required to drive the electric motors of the liquefiers. Our “5 on 2” gas turbine to steam turbine configuration allows for significant flexibility for maintenance or down times, allowing the facility to have extremely high availability for production. Each phase will also have an aeroderivative (LM2500) gas turbine for startup and peaking needs along with an internal power distribution system and EDG configurations.
Location: Plaquemines Parish/Belle Chasse Area - Point of Reference: 19000 LA-23, Pointe Celeste, 70083
We are seeking qualified applicants for the position of Control Room DCS Operator – Power.
The DCS Operator-Power reports to the Shift Supervisor – Power and is the focal point, on a shift basis, for the operating activities from the control room as it relates to the safe and effective operation of the Plaquemines Facility. The DCS Operator-Power is responsible for working with all facility operations personnel, Supervisors, Managers and Directors within the Operations & Maintenance departments to manage and optimize the Plaquemines LNG facility power plant.
- From the Control Room DCS, operates the Power Plant in compliance with all company Environmental and Safety policies, understanding operating and permit limits to ensure regulatory compliance while maintaining maximum reliability and efficiency. Reports safety and environmental concerns, problems, and incidents to appropriate shift team members.
- Ensure that systems are in place and operable for effective emergency response and be responsible for first line incident control. Ensure all safety and environmental documentation is completed.
- Assist with the pre-commissioning, commissioning, startup, and initial operation of the LNG Facility Power. This will include being a vital member of the integrated commissioning / start-up team(s) with the EPC contractor
- Serves as the focal point for power operations activities on shift via DCS and directing the activities of the plant operator. Communicates process changes that will affect upstream facilities or other personnel.
- Provides feedback on how proposed changes will affect the facility and coordinates activities to the field operators.
- Controls the process within the operating envelope and according to established procedures to ensure maximum reliability for LNG production plan and product specifications are met and actively monitors the process throughout the shift to ensure consistent reliable operations.
- Troubleshoots process problems and deviations from normal operations. Reacts to process upsets and emergencies according to procedure.
- Controls the power process to balance safe production, equipment reliability, and operating costs while staying within environmental limits.
- Monitor and control operational coordination and interconnection of Power and LNG process to maximize reliability and production.
- Keeps skills and knowledge current and completes required refresher training to maintain and elevate the level of process understanding.
- Participate in the training program. A key aspect of this program will be to act as a mentor by providing the trainee with meaningful job assignments, on the job training, and progress monitoring.
- Provide technical support to problem solving activities during the shift and ensure reliability issues are identified and properly communicated to the appropriate departments.
- Participates in Operating Procedure and Manual development process.
- Participate in the development of Operations Training Program. Once completed, a key aspect of this program will be to act as a mentor by providing the plant operators with meaningful job assignments, on the job training, and progress monitoring.
- Education and Certifications: Associates Degree, Military training or equivalent experience.
- Experience: Eight (8) years’ experience, of which four (4) have been as a DCS Operator, Control Room Operator (CRO) capacity in operations of CCGTs. Experience with GE 7EA, HRSG and A200 steam turbine preferred. Commissioning, startup and operations in Oil & Gas, petrochemical, Independent Power Producer (IPP) or Cogeneration facility experience desired.
- Strong leadership and administrative abilities are required.
- An acute sensitivity to safety issues in a hazardous environment.
- Exceptional written, verbal, and interpersonal communication skills.
- Ability to communicate effectively at all levels of an organization and with individuals and groups from different disciplines, industries and governmental agencies.
- Able to work with a culturally diverse group of technical individuals whose skills cover the range required to operate and maintain the Power of Liquefaction production facilities.
- Possess the ability to relate to and to establish a mutually respectful relationship with management, peers and the various facility level workers who are all responsible for ensuring operational excellence.
- Organized, planning skills, able to manage multiple activities and programs in timely fashion and with a high degree of accuracy, able to meet work deadlines.
- Exceptional problem solving and analytical skills.
- Computer knowledge including Microsoft Office Suite including Word, Excel, Access, Project and PowerPoint.
- Must maintain a Transportation Worker Identification Credential (TWIC) card in good standing status
Freedom To Act:
- DCS Operator requires minimal supervision
- Job is performed in an industrial plant environment.
- Limited travel and temporary assignment required as business conditions dictate.
- Subject to drug & alcohol testing, per applicable federal regulations or as required by Venture Global LNG.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is often required to stand, walk, sit, climb stairs, work at height above ground on stairs and catwalks, balance, stoop, kneel, crouch, talk or hear, smell, type and write.
- Must be able to board a ship via a gangway, climb to the top of a tank (200+ steps), scale vertical steel ladder up to forty feet or more in height and lift and move objects weighting up to 30 pounds.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee will work indoors & outdoors, and be exposed to year-around weather conditions, ocean environment, and noise. There is a considerable amount of outdoor activities involved.
- Specific vision abilities required include close vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and the ability to adjust focus.
- Required to pass regularly scheduled physical examinations mandated by regulatory authorities.
- Required to obtain mandated certification by attending Company-sponsored training in basic first aid, CPR, AED & LNG firefighting.
ADA Job Requirements:
- Reasonable accommodations will be made to ensure that the essential functions of the job can be performed and not hinder the employee's performance due to physical, mental or emotional disability.
Venture Global LNG is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, non-disqualifying physical or mental disability, national origin, veteran status or any other basis covered by appropriate