Smartsheet is looking for a proven Customer Success Manager, Key Accounts to manage a set of large strategic accounts and drive customer satisfaction, application engagement, customer retention, and growth. You will serve as a key point of contact for customers, understanding their success criteria, sharing best practices, providing solution guidance, and helping them realize value from Smartsheet. For the right candidate, this is a career-defining opportunity to join us at a critical moment and truly have a significant impact. The ideal candidate should have a proven track record for Software as a Service (SaaS) account management and maintaining high customer renewal rates because of ongoing customer engagement, technical leadership, and outstanding communication skills.
This vital role is part of our Key Accounts Customer Success Team and would be based in our Boston office, working with accounts in the Eastern Time Zone Region.
- Perform initial on-boarding of accounts with enterprise level customers, ensuring strong adoption and ongoing engagement throughout the customer’s lifecycle
- Execute a comprehensive engagement and communications strategy that proactively maintains high customer satisfaction
- Serve as the Smartsheet subject matter expert (SME) providing guidance to enable customers to drive impact and increase collaboration across their organization and with external parties
- Perform periodic customer success reviews that confirm satisfaction, resolve issues with the help of the Technical Support team, and expand Smartsheet use throughout the account
- Implement and share best practices to ensure customers are realizing the greatest possible value from Smartsheet
- Use usage patterns to gain insights, provide guidance and increase customer adoption and satisfaction
- Serve as the primary interface to manage and resolve critical situations
- Work closely with the Sales, Training and Professional Services teams identify new opportunities to expand customer use of Smartsheet
- Provide expert customer insight to Product Management, Marketing and Sales on what innovation and continuous improvement is needed
- Exceed all performance targets, including maintaining high retention and growth rates
- Strong communication skills and the ability to build relationships
- Project/Program management knowledge and experience
- The ability to respectfully challenge and drive change with customers
- Experimental problem solving skills
- A background in sales or consulting, or a history of managing large relationships with customers spending $500k+, $1m account management experience, or equivalent
- Broad business acumen
- A big picture vision and the drive to execute a plan that supports CS goals
- Presentation skills to both executive audiences and end-user audiences of 100+
Perks & Benefits:
- 100% employer-paid medical, dental, and vision coverage for full-time employees
- Equity - Restricted Stock Units (RSUs) Equity with all offers
- Lucrative Employee Stock Purchase Program (15% discount)
- 401k Match (50% up to 6%, effective May 1st) to help you save for your future
- Monthly stipend towards your commute to work
- 15 days PTO to start, plus Flexible Sick Leave
- Up to 24 weeks of Parental Leave
- Personal paid Volunteer Day to support our community
- Opportunities for professional growth and development including access to Audible for Business and LinkedIn Learning online courses
- Company Funded Perks, including a counseling membership, primary care membership, local retail discounts, and your own personal Smartsheet account
Smartsheet is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to fostering an inclusive environment with the best employees. We provide employment opportunities without regard to any legally protected status in accordance with applicable laws in the US, UK, and Australia. If there are preparations we can make to help ensure you have a comfortable and positive interview experience, please let us know.
At Smartsheet, we strive to build an inclusive environment that encourages, supports, and celebrates the diverse voices of our team members who also represent the diverse needs of our customers. We’re looking for people who are driven, authentic, supportive, effective, and honest. You’re encouraged to apply even if your experience doesn’t precisely match our job description—if your career path has been nontraditional, that will set you apart. At Smartsheet, we welcome diverse perspectives and people who aren’t afraid to be innovative—join us!