Smartsheet is seeking a Senior Director of Strategy who will play a critical role in shaping and driving the long-term growth of the company. This role will be highly visible at the most senior levels of Smartsheet. You will work closely with the Sr. Leadership team to define the market opportunity, and develop medium and long-term growth strategies working alongside functional business leaders. The ideal candidate will enjoy diving deep into complex problems, thinking strategically and driving and executing critical business initiatives. You will work effectively with cross-functional teams and thrive in a fast-paced environment. You will be comfortable with conducting industry research, driving the annual planning process, and working cross-functionally with finance, product, sales and marketing to lead strategic planning processes.
You will report to the SVP, Corporate Development and Strategy located in our Bellevue, WA office, or you may work remotely from anywhere in the US where Smartsheet is a registered employer.
- Lead the development of Smartsheet's long-term growth strategy and multi-year business plan. You will work cross-functionally to translate long term growth initiatives into near term priorities. This will involve working closely with Smartsheet executive leadership and key function leaders.
- Conduct strategic analyses of existing and adjacent markets to help identify and evaluate opportunities to accelerate growth. Critically review and assess market structure, customer workflow and needs as well as trends & drivers influencing market size, growth, profitability, comparative advantage and risk.
- Collaborate across functions to drive the annual business planning process and ensure that long-term strategies are woven into actionable annual plans, as needed.
- Build processes to increase efficiency as the business grows and scales.
- Drive research and analytical support as part of a cross-functional team to identify and evaluate critical strategic opportunities.
- Support other duties as needed.
- 10-15+ years of experience in management consulting, corporate strategy or corporate development.
- Deep experience in the technology sector, ideally prior relevant experience in software.
- Demonstrated strategic and analytical skills.
- Master's degree in Business Administration/related field or equivalent experience.
- Demonstrated ability to excel in an innovative, fast-paced environment.
- Strong oral and written communication skills and ability to formulate and deliver insights around complex business problems in a thoughtful and persuasive manner to executives.
- Ability to manage multiple simultaneous high-priority projects.
- Experience influencing and working with senior executives.
- Interest in building and scaling in a high-growth environment.
Perks & Benefits:
- HSA, 100% employer-paid premiums, or buy-up medical/vision and dental coverage options for full-time employees
- Equity - Restricted Stock Units (RSUs) for eligible roles
- Lucrative Employee Stock Purchase Program (15% discount)
- 401k Match to help you save for your future (50% of your contribution up to the first 6% of your eligible pay)
- Monthly stipend to support your work and productivity
- Flexible Time Away Program, plus Incidental Sick Leave
- US employees are automatically covered under Smartsheet-sponsored life insurance, short-term, and long-term disability plans
- US employees receive 12 paid holidays per year
- Up to 24 weeks of Parental Leave
- Personal paid Volunteer Day to support our community
- Opportunities for professional growth and development including access to LinkedIn Learning online courses
- Company Funded Perks, including a counseling membership, local retail discounts, and your own personal Smartsheet account
- Teleworking options from any registered location in the U.S. (role specific)
Smartsheet provides a competitive base salary range for roles that may be hired in different geographic areas we are licensed to operate our business from. Actual compensation is determined by several factors including, but not limited to, level of professional, educational experience, skills, and specific candidate location. In addition, this role will be eligible for a market competitive incentive opportunity and some roles may be eligible for a RSU stock grant upon accepted offer. California & New York: $237,600 to $324,000 | All other US States: $220,000 to $300,000
Get to Know Us:
At Smartsheet, we’ve created a place where everyone is welcome — people from all over the world, all backgrounds, all ages, all colors, and all beliefs working side by side. Here, everyone can make a difference and empower others to do the same. You’re encouraged to apply even if your experience doesn’t precisely match our job description—if your career path has been nontraditional, that will set you apart. At Smartsheet, we empower everyone, everywhere to change the way the world works—join us
Equal Opportunity Employer:
Smartsheet is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to fostering an inclusive environment with the best employees. We provide employment opportunities without regard to any legally protected status in accordance with applicable laws in the US, UK, Australia, Japan, Costa Rica, and Germany. If there are preparations we can make to help ensure you have a comfortable and positive interview experience, please let us know.