Smartsheet is seeking a Manager, Business Development (Remote Eligible) to join our fast-paced team. Your primary role will be to manage and motivate our Business Development Representatives (BDRs). You’ll have the ability to immediately impact decision-making in a high-growth company. We’re looking for someone who asks the right questions, challenges the status quo, and makes us a better, smarter company. Is that you? Here’s more on what we’re seeking:

This high profile role reports to the Director, Sales Development who is based in the US.

You Will: 

• Hire, train and manage a team of Business Development Representatives
  • Develop strategies for career growth within the Smartsheet sales organization
  • Report on activity metrics and forecast to the sales executives/directors
  • Motivate individuals and team to exceed objectives through coaching and mentorship
  • Actively use Salesforce.com and other SaaS tools to manage sales process, and set standards for performance metrics

You Have: 

• 2+ years sales experience in SaaS 
  • 1+ years sales management experience
  • Passion for coaching and mentoring emerging sales talent
  • Experience giving both positive and constructive feedback
  • Demonstrated ability to collaborate with a distributed sales team
  • Capability to understand customer pain points and requirements, capacity to respond with value of Smartsheet products and services

Perks & Benefits:

• HSA, 100% employer-paid premiums, or buy-up medical/vision and dental coverage options for full-time employees
  • Equity - Restricted Stock Units (RSUs) with all offers
  • Lucrative Employee Stock Purchase Program (15% discount)
  • 401k Match to help you save for your future (50% of your contribution up to the first 6% of your eligible pay)
  • Monthly stipend to support your work and productivity
  • Flexible Time Away Program, plus Incidental Sick Leave
  • Up to 24 weeks of Parental Leave
  • Personal paid Volunteer Day to support our community
  • Opportunities for professional growth and development including access to LinkedIn Learning online courses
  • Company Funded Perks, including a counseling membership, local retail discounts, and your own personal Smartsheet account
  • Teleworking options from any registered location in the U.S. (role specific) 
  • US employees are automatically covered under Smartsheet-sponsored life insurance, short-term, and long-term disability plans
  • US employees receive 12 paid holidays per year

Smartsheet provides a rate of compensation for roles that may be hired in different geographic areas we are licensed to operate our business from. Actual compensation is determined by several factors including, but not limited to, level of professional, educational experience, skills, and specific candidate location. In addition, this role will be eligible for a market competitive bonus and RSU stock grant upon accepted offer. California & New York: $97,000-$108,000 | All other US States: $90,000-$100,000.

Equal Opportunity Employer:

Smartsheet is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to fostering an inclusive environment with the best employees. We provide employment opportunities without regard to any legally protected status in accordance with applicable laws in the US, UK, Australia, Costa Rica, and Germany. If there are preparations we can make to help ensure you have a comfortable and positive interview experience, please let us know.

At Smartsheet, we strive to build an inclusive environment that encourages, supports, and celebrates the diverse voices of our team members who also represent the diverse needs of our customers. We're looking for people who are driven, authentic, supportive, effective, and honest. You're encouraged to apply even if your experience doesn't precisely match our job description—if your career path has been nontraditional, that will set you apart. At Smartsheet, we welcome diverse perspectives and people who aren't afraid to be innovative—join us!

#BI-Remote

#LI-Remote

Apply for this Job

* Required
resume chosen  
(File types: pdf, doc, docx, txt, rtf)
cover_letter chosen  
(File types: pdf, doc, docx, txt, rtf)

Voluntary EEOC Demographics

At Smartsheet, we strive to build an inclusive environment that encourages, supports, and celebrates the diverse voices of our team members. Individuals seeking employment at Smartsheet are considered without regards to race, ethnicity, color, age, sex, religion, national origin, ancestry, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, physical or mental disability, registered domestic partner status, caregiver status, marital status, veteran or military status, citizenship status, or any other legally protected category in the US, UK, and Australia.

Below is a set of voluntary demographic questions. If you choose to complete them, your responses will be used in aggregate to help us identify areas for improvement in our programs. Your responses, or your choice to not respond, will not be considered in the hiring process. Any information that you provide will be recorded and maintained confidentially.

For definitions of any of the following terms or to read more about your rights, please visit the EEOC website here

I identify my gender as: *

I identify as transgender: *

I identify my race / ethnicity as (select all that apply): *

My veteran status is: *

My disability status is: *

Please reach out to our support team via our help center.
Please complete the reCAPTCHA above.