Smartsheet is looking for a dynamic Sales Development Representative to provide pre-sales support. You will service inbound sales inquiries with a focus on engaging and qualifying all prospective customers. You will be one of the first touch points for prospects and set the tone for the sales cycle following. This role is a great opportunity to begin your career in sales or make a career transition into the SaaS industry.

With a commitment to investing in the APJ region to better serve new and existing customers in Australia, New Zealand, Japan and the greater Asia Pacific geography, Smartsheet opened up its third international office in Sydney in January 2020. This is an opportunity to be a part of Smartsheet at this exciting time, working with an outstanding team to build and expand the Smartsheet brand across an established market.

You Will: 

• Engage and qualify inbound leads and inquiries
  • Engage current users to expand awareness, educate, ask for referrals, identify new opportunities and develop account knowledge
  • Partner and work with the Commercial Sales teams and cross-functional teams
  • Work with other Smartsheet teams to develop account knowledge, relationship maps, and use case opportunities through direct account engagement and insight tools.
  • Qualify and schedule appointments and demos for new logo acquisitions and expansion into existing customer base
  • Hold thoughtful and engaging conversations over the phone and email
  • Be the subject matter expert on Smartsheet products and services
  • Other duties as assigned

You Have: 

• Capability of understanding customer pain points, requirements and delivering a response presenting Smartsheet as a solution
  • Aptitude to manage numerous requests and time demands concurrently, while achieving production goals from assigned territory or set of accounts
  • Contribute to the team effort and play an essential part in the smooth running of teams
  • Excellent verbal and written communication skills
  • Passion for working with new technologies and new technical concepts
  • Ability to deal well with adversity; remaining driven and resilient 
  • Degree or relevant work experience

Get to Know Us:

At Smartsheet, we’ve created a place where everyone is welcome — people from all over the world, all backgrounds, all ages, all colors, and all beliefs working side by side. Here, everyone can make a difference and empower others to do the same. You’re encouraged to apply even if your experience doesn’t precisely match our job description—if your career path has been nontraditional, that will set you apart. At Smartsheet, we empower everyone, everywhere to change the way the world works—join us!

Equal Opportunity Employer:

Smartsheet is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to fostering an inclusive environment with the best employees. We provide employment opportunities without regard to any legally protected status in accordance with applicable laws in the US, UK, Australia, Japan, Costa Rica, and Germany. If there are preparations we can make to help ensure you have a comfortable and positive interview experience, please let us know.

#BI-Remote

#LI-Remote

Apply for this Job

* Required
resume chosen  
(File types: pdf, doc, docx, txt, rtf)
cover_letter chosen  
(File types: pdf, doc, docx, txt, rtf)

Voluntary EEOC Demographics

At Smartsheet, we strive to build an inclusive environment that encourages, supports, and celebrates the diverse voices of our team members. Individuals seeking employment at Smartsheet are considered without regards to race, ethnicity, color, age, sex, religion, national origin, ancestry, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, physical or mental disability, registered domestic partner status, caregiver status, marital status, veteran or military status, citizenship status, or any other legally protected category in the US, UK, and Australia.

Below is a set of voluntary demographic questions. If you choose to complete them, your responses will be used in aggregate to help us identify areas for improvement in our programs. Your responses, or your choice to not respond, will not be considered in the hiring process. Any information that you provide will be recorded and maintained confidentially.

For definitions of any of the following terms or to read more about your rights, please visit the EEOC website here

I identify my gender as: *

I identify as transgender: *

I identify my race / ethnicity as (select all that apply): *

My veteran status is: *

My disability status is: *

Please reach out to our support team via our help center.
Please complete the reCAPTCHA above.