Smartsheet is already beloved by customers around the world for empowering people to improve how they work. We are looking for someone to help usher in our next major phase of growth by elevating the experiences we deliver to our customers and building powerful new capabilities to support modern work execution. Do you deeply understand the needs of modern workers and the tools they need to deliver in today’s competitive business environment? Do you have a passion for solving customer problems and applying technology to empower everyone to improve how they work? If so, we want to hear from you!
You will report to our Sr. Director of Product Management located in our Bellevue, WA office, or you may work remotely from anywhere in the US where Smartsheet is a registered employer.
- Deeply understand the needs of our customers to build products with great market fit.
- Create and communicate a compelling vision for bringing people capabilities such as resource scheduling, capacity planning, and time tracking into the Smartsheet experience.
- Leverage internal and external resources to understand the relevant market landscape for the area of ownership and drive an informed strategy to deliver business value.
- Transform the strategy into a well-defined roadmap, breaking down the work into a well-prioritized plan, and execute.
- Assess opportunity, project feasibility, approach, and scope.
- Work closely with design and engineering to create compelling high quality customer experiences.
- Manage ongoing trade-offs in market fit, usability, cost, and performance.
- Drive project through to completion, providing detailed progress metrics during build and thorough, insightful analysis of results post-launch.
- Analyze market and trends to inform new recommendations.
- Manage a team of Product Managers, ensuring they have clear goals and responsibilities. Provide guidance to help them excel, and constructive feedback where necessary. Build a work environment that draws people to the team.
- Support other duties as assigned.
- 12+ years experience as a product manager for a software product, B2B or B2C cloud experience preferred.
- 10+ years experience as a people manager.
- Experience in Enterprise software development.
- Experience working with UX and engineering teams; deep commitment to customers and team collaboration.
- Passionate drive and extraordinary ability to communicate with customers, colleagues, and executives.
- Passion for web-based business software.
- Ability to evaluate and discuss technical concepts.
- Experience with agile development processes and frequent product release cycles.
- Experience working with data analytics and visualization.
- HSA, 100% employer-paid premiums, or buy-up medical/vision and dental coverage options for full-time employees
- Equity - Restricted Stock Units (RSUs) for eligible roles
- Lucrative Employee Stock Purchase Program (15% discount)
- 401k Match to help you save for your future (50% of your contribution up to the first 6% of your eligible pay)
- Monthly stipend to support your work and productivity
- Flexible Time Away Program, plus Incidental Sick Leave
- US employees are automatically covered under Smartsheet-sponsored life insurance, short-term, and long-term disability plans
- US employees receive 12 paid holidays per year
- Up to 24 weeks of Parental Leave
- Personal paid Volunteer Day to support our community
- Opportunities for professional growth and development including access to LinkedIn Learning online courses
- Company Funded Perks, including a counseling membership, local retail discounts, and your own personal Smartsheet account
- Teleworking options from any registered location in the U.S. (role specific)
Smartsheet provides a competitive base salary range for roles that may be hired in different geographic areas we are licensed to operate our business from. Actual compensation is determined by several factors including, but not limited to, level of professional, educational experience, skills, and specific candidate location. In addition, this role will be eligible for a market competitive incentive opportunity and some roles may be eligible for a RSU stock grant upon accepted offer. California & New York: $221,400 to $297,000 | All other US States: $205,000 to $275,000
Get to Know Us:
At Smartsheet, we’ve created a place where everyone is welcome — people from all over the world, all backgrounds, all ages, all colors, and all beliefs working side by side. Here, everyone can make a difference and empower others to do the same. You’re encouraged to apply even if your experience doesn’t precisely match our job description—if your career path has been nontraditional, that will set you apart. At Smartsheet, we empower everyone, everywhere to change the way the world works—join us
Equal Opportunity Employer:
Smartsheet is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to fostering an inclusive environment with the best employees. We provide employment opportunities without regard to any legally protected status in accordance with applicable laws in the US, UK, Australia, Japan, Costa Rica, and Germany. If there are preparations we can make to help ensure you have a comfortable and positive interview experience, please let us know.