The Senior Analyst Relations Manager will nurture and build relationships with technology industry analysts to maintain and enhance Smartsheet’s credibility and thought leadership in the enterprise. You will be a critical part of a high visibility team inside Smartsheet impacting strategy and influence.
Smartsheet is a diverse business with a variety of use cases that require us to engage with and influence analysts in existing and emerging markets. We also need to be able to play at a higher level in discussion about digital transformation, customer experience and engagement. You will be responsible for continuing to build and execute on a strategic framework for Smartsheet to engage relevant industry analysts that influence our enterprise customer base. Working closely with key stakeholders throughout the business, you will manage a key area of our analyst relations program across multiple vectors -- proactive engagement, go-to-market leverage and sales support. The ideal candidate is results-oriented, persuasive, analytical, curious and tenacious. We are looking for a persistent self-starter who is ready for a great challenge and an even bigger opportunity.
You will report to our Sr. Director of Analyst Relations located in our Bellevue, WA office, or you may work remotely from anywhere in the US where Smartsheet is a registered employer.
- Drive and expand an effective analyst relations program that supports our corporate goals, communications positioning and marketing programs to drive pipeline.
- Work with marketing, executive leadership and R&D to craft and deliver quality information to relevant analysts in order to secure positive analyst reports.
- Work with analyst firms to complete all necessary exchange of data to include in analyst evaluations, research reports and whitepapers.
- Establish proactive processes for ongoing communications and education of industry analysts as well as act as a central point for handling incoming inquiries.
- Prepare and maintain a library of analyst briefing materials.
- Organize analyst briefing tours/events and outreach including:
- Initiation of regular analyst group communications, newsletters & webcasts in addition to one on one briefings
- Hosting Smartsheet’s annual analyst summit
- Deepen our relationship with all key analysts and grow a network of relationships within high priority analyst firms.
- Derive competitive intelligence for Smartsheet from analyst interactions that complement the briefing process.
- Align with sales to leverage analyst relationships to drive business development and support deals.
- Align with marketing to drive maximum exposure and value during analyst led events (e.g. Gartner Summits).
- Monitor and analyze relevant industry data, and peer company performance; garnering insights that can impact firm positioning and strategy. This may include information about competitors, market trends, new technologies, and market opinions on the Smartsheet brand.
- Share analyst insights - from research, inquiries, and analyst relationships - with the Product Management and Marketing teams to inform product and go to market strategy.
- Measure progress. Track quantitative and qualitative KPIs. Maintain and update analyst relations database tool for all analyst interactions. Provide regular reports to Smartsheet leadership on status of analyst interaction and impact.
- Support other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree or comparable work experience.
- 7+ years of work experience with a strong work ethic, polished communication skills, infectious positive energy, and a passion for fast-paced and dynamic environments.
- Prior experience at a technology company with experience in analyst relations, market strategy, business development and/or account management highly desirable.
- Ability to work in a small team environment, but also work effectively with all cross-organizational functions. You are equally able to work alongside a partner or team as well as have the ability to take full ownership of a project from start to finish.
- Ability to establish effective working relationships with all levels within Smartsheet and the analyst community. This includes working with executives in sensitive situations.
- Experience with industry analyst evaluations such as Gartner Magic Quadrants, and Forrester Waves a plus.
- Experience creating and executing global sales or marketing strategies, managed budgets and led hands-on execution.
Perks & Benefits:
- HSA, 100% employer-paid premiums, or buy-up medical/vision and dental coverage options for full-time employees
- Equity - Restricted Stock Units (RSUs) for eligible roles
- Lucrative Employee Stock Purchase Program (15% discount)
- 401k Match to help you save for your future (50% of your contribution up to the first 6% of your eligible pay)
- Monthly stipend to support your work and productivity
- Flexible Time Away Program, plus Incidental Sick Leave
- US employees are automatically covered under Smartsheet-sponsored life insurance, short-term, and long-term disability plans
- US employees receive 12 paid holidays per year
- Up to 24 weeks of Parental Leave
- Personal paid Volunteer Day to support our community
- Opportunities for professional growth and development including access to LinkedIn Learning online courses
- Company Funded Perks, including a counseling membership, local retail discounts, and your own personal Smartsheet account
- Teleworking options from any registered location in the U.S. (role specific)
Smartsheet provides a competitive base salary range for roles that may be hired in different geographic areas we are licensed to operate our business from. Actual compensation is determined by several factors including, but not limited to, level of professional, educational experience, skills, and specific candidate location. In addition, this role will be eligible for a market competitive incentive opportunity and RSU stock grant upon accepted offer. California & New York: $151,200 to $216,000 | All other US States: $140,000 to $200,000
Get to Know Us:
At Smartsheet, we’ve created a place where everyone is welcome — people from all over the world, all backgrounds, all ages, all colors, and all beliefs working side by side. Here, everyone can make a difference and empower others to do the same. You’re encouraged to apply even if your experience doesn’t precisely match our job description—if your career path has been nontraditional, that will set you apart. At Smartsheet, we empower everyone, everywhere to change the way the world works—join us
Equal Opportunity Employer:
Smartsheet is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to fostering an inclusive environment with the best employees. We provide employment opportunities without regard to any legally protected status in accordance with applicable laws in the US, UK, Australia, Japan, Costa Rica, and Germany. If there are preparations we can make to help ensure you have a comfortable and positive interview experience, please let us know.