Smartsheet is looking for a Data Steward to support and accelerate the productivity of our Sales organization. You will manage the governance and quality of data in Smartsheet's source CRM system that supports the daily operations of our Sales organization. You will maintain data assets and establish relevant processes with the ultimate goal of making it easier for our Sales reps to find and understand the data they need. You will support our Sales analyst team scrubbing data and researching inconsistencies in reporting.
In 2005, Smartsheet was founded on the idea that teams and millions of people worldwide deserve a better way to deliver their very best work. Today, we provide a leading cloud-based platform for work execution, empowering organizations to plan, capture, track, automate, and report on work at scale, resulting in more efficient processes and better outcomes.
- Lead changes and revisions to master data, metadata, and data hierarchies and affiliations within given guidelines
- Ensure that the Sales organization is operating off a single source of truth that can be reliably queried and accessed
- Perform initial data quality checks on extracted data
- Provide recommendations to leadership on needed updates or inputs into data governance policies, practices, and guidelines
- Bachelor's degree in related preferred
- 2+ years of experience in metadata management beneficial
- Experience in Cloud and SaaS go-to-market (GTM)
- Knowledge of data governance challenges and best practices for data quality and data stewardship
- A high level of proficiency in Excel (can perform complex functions) and Salesforce.com or equivalent CRM tool
- The ability to serve as a conduit to connect Sales partners with the information they need to support the accounts they manage
Perks & Benefits:
- Fully paid Health & Life insurance for full-time employees and family members
- Asociacion Solidarista with employee and employer contributions as well as potential alliances with entities such as universities, gyms, etc.
- Monthly stipend to support your work and productivity
- 12 days paid Vacation + Flexible Time Away Program
- 20 weeks fully paid Maternity Leave
- 12 weeks fully paid Paternity/Adoption Leave
- Personal paid Volunteer Day to support our community
- Opportunities for professional growth and development including access to LinkedIn Learning online courses
- Company Funded Perks including a counseling membership and your own personal Smartsheet account
- Teleworking options from any registered location in Costa Rica (role specific)
Equal Opportunity Employer:
Smartsheet is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to encouraging an inclusive environment with the best employees. We provide employment opportunities without regard to any legally protected status following applicable laws in the US, UK, Germany, Costa Rica and Australia. If there are preparations we can make to help ensure you have a comfortable and positive interview experience, please let us know.
At Smartsheet, we build an inclusive environment that encourages and supports the diverse voices of our team members who also represent the diverse needs of our customers. We're looking for people who are driven, authentic, supportive, effective, and honest. You're encouraged to apply even if your experience doesn't precisely match our job description—if your career path has been nontraditional, to set you apart. At Smartsheet, we welcome diverse perspectives and people who aren't afraid to be creative—join us!