Smartsheet is already beloved by customers around the world for empowering people to improve how they work. We are looking for someone to help usher in our next major phase of growth by elevating the experiences we deliver to our customers and building powerful new capabilities to support modern work execution.
We are looking for a Principal Designer to join our growing Experience Design team. We are a multi-disciplinary group of Product Designers, UX Researchers, and Content Strategists who collaborate together to make our millions of customers’ jobs easier. Every person on our team has direct impact and influence on shaping the future of our category-leading Work Management Platform. We value high-quality craft, strong collaboration, having a growth mindset, authenticity, and working with people from traditional and non-traditional backgrounds.
This role can be based remotely in the U.S. or in our Bellevue, WA headquarters and will report to the Director of Product Design.
- Shape product direction and strategy through Design and human-centered thinking.
- Evolve design craft by elevating the quality of our design artifacts and processes.
- Advocate Design’s value within our team, Smartsheet, and the broader creative community.
- Tell great stories across mediums that articulate value, create understanding and get people excited.
- Work cross-functionally with partners and cross-product relationships. Creating a closer alignment of experience, prioritization, and feasibility.
- Lead by example, inspiring teams through your actions to fully realize their potential.
- Bring an outside-in perspective. Offering insights, ideas, and new ways of thinking that challenge status quo.
- Build and iterate on features that enrich our customers' experience with Smartsheet.
- Solve tough problems that have a direct impact on our customers, and Smartsheet.
- Support other duties as needed.
- An expert level of problem-solving, and systems thinking as shown through a history of work.
- 7+ years of experience designing product experiences, with multiple years managing a team.
- A history of delivering team-based design solutions within Agile SAAS or enterprise environments.
- A desire to lead, mentor, and inspire others. Supporting people and teams to do their best work and achieve their goals.
- Deep need to learn and evolve your thinking across all areas of design, product, and leadership.
- An applied sense of design craft, systems thinking and visual problem-solving.
- Organized and structured work management habits, and processes that create clarity and consistency.
- A track record in aligning and influencing cross-functional stakeholders, senior leaders, and peers towards business outcomes that reflect the needs of our customers.
Perks & Benefits:
- HSA, 100% employer-paid premiums, or buy-up medical/vision and dental coverage options for full-time employees
- Equity - Restricted Stock Units (RSUs) with all offers
- Lucrative Employee Stock Purchase Program (15% discount)
- 401k Match to help you save for your future (50% of your contribution up to the first 6% of your eligible pay)
- Monthly stipend to support your work and productivity
- Flexible Time Away Program, plus Incidental Sick Leave
- Up to 24 weeks of Parental Leave
- Personal paid Volunteer Day to support our community
- Opportunities for professional growth and development including access to LinkedIn Learning online courses
- Company Funded Perks, including a counseling membership, local retail discounts, and your own personal Smartsheet account
- Teleworking options from any registered location in the U.S. (role specific)
- US employees are automatically covered under Smartsheet-sponsored life insurance, short-term, and long-term disability plans
- US employees receive 12 paid holidays per year
Smartsheet provides a reasonable range of compensation for roles that may be hired in different geographic areas we are licensed to operate our business from. Actual compensation is determined by several factors including, but not limited to, level of professional, educational experience, skills, and specific candidate location. In addition, this role will be eligible for a market competitive bonus and RSU stock grant upon accepted offer. California & New York: $172,800 to $237,600 | All other US States: $160,000 to $220,000
Equal Opportunity Employer:
Smartsheet is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to fostering an inclusive environment with the best employees. We provide employment opportunities without regard to any legally protected status in accordance with applicable laws in the US, UK, Australia, Costa Rica, and Germany. If there are preparations we can make to help ensure you have a comfortable and positive interview experience, please let us know.
At Smartsheet, we strive to build an inclusive environment that encourages, supports, and celebrates the diverse voices of our team members who also represent the diverse needs of our customers. We’re looking for people who are driven, authentic, supportive, effective, and honest. You’re encouraged to apply even if your experience doesn’t precisely match our job description—if your career path has been nontraditional, that will set you apart. At Smartsheet, we welcome diverse perspectives and people who aren’t afraid to be innovative—join us!