Smartsheet is the $10bn market cap industry leader in the Collaborative Work Management space. We’ve grown in the UK from 1 team and 3 engineers in 2018, to 5 teams and 40+ engineers in 2021. Join our product driven and engineering focused culture, with diverse individuals from all walks of life.
Our engineering teams have the autonomy to drive technical decisions for their products, with interesting scale, security, usability, resilience, redundancy, and cloud multi-region technical challenges. We’re currently looking for senior engineers, from all different specialisms: front-end, back-end, test automation, ops, infrastructure – who are interested in working across these disciplines long term, to join our Data Shuttle team.
Data Shuttle by Smartsheet allows customers to upload or offload their data between Smartsheet and their ERPs, CRMs, and databases.
Tools and language we mainly work with are: AWS, TypeScript, React/Redux, NodeJS, Go, Ruby on Rails, Terraform, Kubernetes etc
In 2021, Smartsheet won Comparably awards for best compensation, company culture, work-life balance, for diversity, for women, plus many more. We offer a competitive package composed of a base salary, annual bonus structure, and equity in the form of Restricted Stock Units (RSUs). You can choose to work from our Edinburgh office, or remotely within the UK.
- Work on all areas of the software from front end, back end, cloud infrastructure and test automation.
- Drive high standards within the team for all internal services and open source tooling/libraries we maintain.
- Deploy service and infrastructure changes frequently in a lean agile environment using full CI/CD.
- Contribute in all aspects of product development: idea generation, customer engagement, planning, design, prototyping, execution, shipping, and operational excellence.
- Collaborate with a team of passionate, engaged engineers, and with cross-functional teams that include product managers, UX designers, UX researchers, and more.
- Actively mentor more junior engineers, showing how to balance customer delivery while holding high coding, service, and cloud infrastructure standards.
- Apply different approaches to problem solving and help validate your ideas and those of your teammates.
- Help define success for yourself, your team, and the features you help to conceive, build, and ship.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Proficient with at least one of the following: TypeScript, Golang, Java, C or a C-style language
- Familiar with algorithms, data structures, and coding best practices.
- Curious, and always want to get to the bottom of why things work the way they do.
- A supportive leader. You want to help people get unstuck, and can easily recognise that teams are more effective when colleagues look for opportunities to help one another.
- A great communicator. You can break a concept down based on your audience, whether they’re technical or non-technical - and your medium, whether it’s verbal, in prose, or in code.
- A builder who takes pride in your craft and works toward quality.
- An empathic individual who can help translate customer feedback and needs into features that solve problems.
- Someone who views bugs, mistakes, and compiler errors as opportunities to learn.
Perks & Benefits:
- Employer-paid Private Medical and Dental, additional cost for family members
- Lucrative Employee Stock Purchase Program (15% discount)
- Monthly contributions toward your pension
- Monthly stipend to support your work and productivity
- 25 days paid for Holiday + Bank Holidays + Flexible Time Away Program
- 20 weeks fully paid Maternity Leave
- 12 weeks fully paid Paternity/Adoption Leave
- Personal paid Volunteer Day to support our community
- Opportunities for professional growth and development including access to LinkedIn Learning online courses
- Company Funded Perks including a counseling membership, salary sacrifice options, commuter discounts, and your own personal Smartsheet account.
- Teleworking options from any registered location in the UK (role specific)
In 2005, Smartsheet was founded on the idea that teams and millions of people worldwide deserve a better way to deliver their very best work. Today, the company delivers a leading cloud-based platform for work execution, empowering organisations to plan, capture, track, automate, and report on work at scale, resulting in more efficient processes and better business outcomes. Smartsheet went public on the New York Stock Exchange in April 2018 and currently enables collaboration, better decision making, and accelerated innovation for over 76,000 domain-based customers in 190 countries, including 96 of the Fortune 100.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Smartsheet is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to fostering an inclusive environment with the best employees. We provide employment opportunities without regard to any legally protected status in accordance with applicable laws in the US, UK, Australia, Costa Rica, and Germany. If there are preparations we can make to help ensure you have a comfortable and positive interview experience, please let us know.
At Smartsheet, we strive to build an inclusive environment that encourages, supports, and celebrates the diverse voices of our team members who also represent the diverse needs of our customers. We're looking for people who are driven, authentic, supportive, effective, and honest. You're encouraged to apply even if your experience doesn't precisely match our job description—if your career path has been nontraditional, that will set you apart. At Smartsheet, we welcome diverse perspectives and people who aren't afraid to be innovative—join us!