We are looking for an experienced Senior Software Engineer to join the Reporting team. We are part of Smartsheet’s Analytics and Visualization group and one of the core features in bringing together and displaying data from multiple sources, allowing our customers to distill and make sense of their operations. You will help drive and develop our next generation Reporting platform for much greater scale, better performance, and enable deeper integration with external systems. You will also collaborate across the organization to provide a seamless experience between Reporting and many other Smartsheet features that utilize it.
You will report to our Manager of Engineering located in our Bellevue, WA headquarters and will also have the option to work remotely from any registered location within the United States.
In 2005, Smartsheet was founded on the idea that teams and millions of people worldwide deserve a better way to achieve their very best work. Today, we provide a cloud-based platform for work execution, empowering organizations to plan, capture, track, automate, and report on work at scale, resulting in more efficient processes and better results.
- Work on all areas of the application - frontend, backend, databases, infrastructure and test automation - but with a particular focus on systems design, scale, and flexibility.
- Contribute in all stages of the product and deployment lifecycle: idea generation, user interviews, planning, design, prototyping, execution, deploying, monitoring, and iteration.
- Ensure high-quality feature delivery through unit, integration, and end-to-end tests.
- Improve the team's code style, consistency, readability, and performance through thoughtful code review.
- Promote the improvement of processes from the technical (deployment, rollback, and more) to the non-technical (conducting meetings, onboarding new engineers).
- Collaborate with other software engineers, database engineers, and product managers.
- Mentor more junior team members on the whole software development lifecycle: design, architecture, coding best practices, and more.
- 5+ years software development experience.
- Deep experience and understanding of systems design and building for scale.
- Experience with algorithms, data structures, and coding best practices.
- Knowledge of microservices and infrastructure in AWS.
- Comfortable with the full web tech stack, from operations to the frontend, including distributed systems, data layers, and RESTful APIs.
- Ability to break down a concept based on your audience – whether they're technical or non-technical – and your medium – whether it's verbal, in prose, or in code.
- A supportive demeanor. You help people get unstuck, easily recognizing that teams are more successful when colleagues look for opportunities to help one another.
- An ability to translate customer frustrations and needs into features that solve customer problems.
- Legally eligible to work in the U.S. on an ongoing basis.
- BS or MS in Computer Science, a related field, equivalent industry experience, or equivalent educational experience.
Perks & Benefits:
- HSA, 100% employer-paid premiums, or Buy-up medical/vision and dental coverage options for full-time employees
- Equity - Restricted Stock Units (RSUs) with all offers
- Lucrative Employee Stock Purchase Program (15% discount)
- 401k Match to help you save for your future (50% of your contribution up to the first 6% of your eligible pay)
- Monthly stipend to support your work and productivity
- Flexible Time Away Program, plus Incidental Sick Leave
- Up to 24 weeks of Parental Leave
- Personal paid Volunteer Day to support our community
- Opportunities for professional growth and development including access to LinkedIn Learning online courses
- Company Funded Perks, including a counseling membership, primary care membership, local retail discounts, and your own personal Smartsheet account
- Teleworking options from any registered location in the U.S. (role specific)
Equal Opportunity Employer:
Smartsheet is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to fostering an inclusive environment with the best employees. We provide employment opportunities without regard to any legally protected status in accordance with applicable laws in the US, UK, and Australia. If there are preparations we can make to help ensure you have a comfortable and positive interview experience, please let us know.
At Smartsheet, we strive to build an inclusive environment that encourages, supports, and celebrates the diverse voices of our team members who also represent the diverse needs of our customers. We’re looking for people who are driven, authentic, supportive, effective, and honest. You’re encouraged to apply even if your experience doesn’t precisely match our job description—if your career path has been nontraditional, that will set you apart. At Smartsheet, we welcome diverse perspectives and people who aren’t afraid to be innovative—join us!