We are looking for a Senior Software Engineer (Sr. SE) to join the Solution Center team. The Solution Center is a core product feature that our customers leverage for a wide range of use cases. Customers go to the Solution Center to create new projects and find templates to streamline their work process. We are working on redesigning and building a new set of services and experiences to empower solution developers. Solution developers then can create and manage their solutions and publish their creations for other customers on the platform to customize and use.
In 2005, Smartsheet was founded on the idea that teams and millions of people worldwide deserve a better way to deliver their very best work. Today, we deliver a leading cloud-based platform for work execution, empowering organizations to plan, capture, track, automate, and report on work at scale, resulting in more efficient processes and better business outcomes.
You will report to an Engineering leader in our Bellevue office, and you have the option to work remotely from any Smartsheet registered location within the United States.
- Participate in the entire development life cycle, from concept to release
- Implement new features and improve the ones we have already built
- Participate in all phases of quality assurance and defect resolution
- Write clean and efficient code in Java based on product specifications
- Work with other team members in your own team as well as collaborate with other teams for any dependencies
- 5+ years software development experience
- 4+ years full-stack web application development, with Java and React
- Experience building highly scalable, high availability applications
- Experience building Java-based scalable back-end services
- Experience building REST based APIs
- Experience developing microservices and software solutions using AWS
- Experience building Single Page Applications at scale using React
- BS or MS in Computer Science, a related field, equivalent industry experience, or equivalent educational experience
- Legally eligible to work in the U.S. on an ongoing basis
Perks & Benefits:
- HSA, 100% employer-paid premiums, or Buy-up medical/vision and dental coverage options for full-time employees
- Equity - Restricted Stock Units (RSUs) with all offers
- Lucrative Employee Stock Purchase Program (15% discount)
- 401k Match to help you save for your future (50% of your contribution up to the first 6% of your eligible pay)
- Monthly stipend to support your work and productivity
- Flexible Time Away Program, plus Incidental Sick Leave
- Up to 24 weeks of Parental Leave
- Personal paid Volunteer Day to support our community
- Opportunities for professional growth and development including access to LinkedIn Learning online courses
- Company Funded Perks, including a counseling membership, primary care membership, local retail discounts, and your own personal Smartsheet account
- Teleworking options from any registered location in the U.S. (role specific)
Equal Opportunity Employer:
Smartsheet is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to fostering an inclusive environment with the best employees. We provide employment opportunities without regard to any legally protected status in accordance with applicable laws in the US, UK, and Australia. If there are preparations we can make to help ensure you have a comfortable and positive interview experience, please let us know.
At Smartsheet, we strive to build an inclusive environment that encourages, supports, and celebrates the diverse voices of our team members who also represent the diverse needs of our customers. We’re looking for people who are driven, authentic, supportive, effective, and honest. You’re encouraged to apply even if your experience doesn’t precisely match our job description—if your career path has been nontraditional, that will set you apart. At Smartsheet, we welcome diverse perspectives and people who aren’t afraid to be innovative—join us!