Smartsheet is seeking an experienced sales leader to lead a team of Strategic Account Executives as a Regional Director of Strategic Accounts, EMEA. The ideal candidate will have a history of leading a team to over performance in quota attainment and developing customer accounts.
You will report to our Regional Vice President, Large Enterprise - EMEA in this high profile role.
- Lead EMEA Sales team to exceed quarterly and annual sales quotas
- Serve as player/coach in the execution of a complex, solution-based sales process encompassing multiple groups within Global 2000 accounts
- Play leadership role in developing new business opportunities by coaching account executives to build and execute account strategies
- Drive Smartsheet senior executive engagement in target accounts
- Successfully execute across all disciplines of sales management, including Account/Opportunity/Relationship planning and sales methodology execution
- Partner with Sales Engineering, Consulting, Customer Success and Marketing management to identify and close software and professional services solutions in Global 2000 accounts
- Proactively identify and address issues that will increase growth velocity in the EMEA sales region
- Effectively predict and deliver sales results through accurate sales forecasting
- Actively use company’s core applications to manage business, including Smartsheet
- Salesforce.com, Tableau, LinkedIn, DiscoverOrg and others
- Demonstrated track record in leading Strategic SaaS sales teams to exceed quotas by winning new business and driving substantial growth in Global 2000 accounts
- Proven ability to drive Strategic sales teams in executing land-and-expand sales strategies to predictably drive aggressive growth in Global 2000 accounts
- Minimum of 5 years experience in sales management of enterprise software, preferably Enterprise SaaS teams
- 10+ years of experience in the software industry with current SaaS experience preferably on the business applications side (selling to sales, marketing, HR, finance, manufacturing)
- Excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to multitask, work cross-functionally within the organization, and thrive in a collaborative environment
- Excellent communication (written and verbal), interpersonal and presentation skills
- Motivate and lead; embody Smartsheet’s core values; operate with grit and a sense of urgency
- Demonstrated ability to execute sales methodologies (e.g. The Challenger Sale)
- Experience working in a fast-paced, high growth software company where change is a constant
- Smartsheet, Salesforce.com, Google Apps, Tableau skills
- Bachelors (BA/BS) degree required, MBA preferred
Perks & Benefits:
- Employer-paid Private Medical and Dental, additional cost for family members
- Lucrative Employee Stock Purchase Program (15% discount)
- Monthly contributions toward your pension
- Monthly stipend to support your work and productivity
- 25 days paid for Holiday + 8 Bank Holidays + Flexible Time Away Program
- 20 weeks fully paid Maternity Leave
- 12 weeks fully paid Paternity/Adoption Leave
- Personal paid Volunteer Day to support our community
- Opportunities for professional growth and development including access to LinkedIn Learning online courses
- Company Funded Perks including a counseling membership, salary sacrifice options, commuter discounts, and your own personal Smartsheet account.
- Teleworking options from any registered location in the UK (role specific)
Equal Opportunity Employer:
Smartsheet is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to fostering an inclusive environment with the best employees. We provide employment opportunities without regard to any legally protected status in accordance with applicable laws in the US, UK, and Australia. If there are preparations we can make to help ensure you have a comfortable and positive interview experience, please let us know.
At Smartsheet, we strive to build an inclusive environment that encourages, supports, and celebrates the diverse voices of our team members who also represent the diverse needs of our customers. We’re looking for people who are driven, authentic, supportive, effective, and honest. You’re encouraged to apply even if your experience doesn’t precisely match our job description—if your career path has been nontraditional, that will set you apart. At Smartsheet, we welcome diverse perspectives and people who aren’t afraid to be innovative—join us!