We are looking for a Senior Software Engineer to be an important contributor on the team that implements and supports Smartsheet Dashboards. Dashboards are a powerful mechanism to showcase your work, and your data in real time. Our systems allow customers to build dynamic visualizations across heterogeneous data sources, and to synthesize existing Smartsheet data in new and meaningful ways. Dashboards serve as the primary visualization layer of Smartsheet, and as such, we are one of the fastest growing and highest traffic product areas at the company.
In 2005, Smartsheet was founded on the idea that teams and millions of people worldwide deserve a better way to achieve their very best work. Today, we provide a cloud-based platform for work execution, empowering organizations to plan, capture, track, automate, and report on work at scale, resulting in more efficient processes and better results.
As an engineer on the team, you will work from our headquarters in Bellevue, WA, reporting to our Senior Manager of Software Engineering. The team is focused on building an interactive, innovative, and dynamic experience on top of reliable and scalable infrastructure, and you will get a chance to work across all areas of a modern tech stack. Come help us empower our customers to create awesome visualizations!
- Be a technical leader on our team, implementing features in TypeScript and integrating with back-end Kotlin and Java services running on AWS
- Drive quality and testing methodologies to ensure the robustness of our team's solutions
- Take part in code reviews and architectural discussions as you work with other software engineers and product managers
- Mentor junior engineers on code quality and other industry best practices
- 5+ years software development experience
- Familiarity with modern web technologies, front-end frameworks and integrating with back-end services
- The ability and desire to work across the whole stack
- Experience with agile project management methodologies
- Legally eligible to work in the U.S. on an ongoing basis
- BS or MS in Computer Science, a related field, equivalent industry experience, or equivalent educational experience
Perks & Benefits:
- 100% employer-paid medical, dental, and vision coverage for full-time employees
- Equity - Restricted Stock Units (RSUs) with all offers
- Lucrative Employee Stock Purchase Program (15% discount)
- 401k Match to help you save for your future (50% of your contribution up to the first 6% of your eligible pay)
- Monthly stipend to support your work and productivity
- Flexible Time Away Program, plus Incidental Sick Leave
- Up to 24 weeks of Parental Leave
- Personal paid Volunteer Day to support our community
- Opportunities for professional growth and development including access to LinkedIn Learning online courses
- Company Funded Perks, including a counseling membership, primary care membership, local retail discounts, and your own personal Smartsheet account
- Teleworking options from any registered location in the U.S. (role specific)
Equal Opportunity Employer:
Smartsheet is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to fostering an inclusive environment with the best employees. We provide employment opportunities without regard to any legally protected status in accordance with applicable laws in the US, UK, and Australia. If there are preparations we can make to help ensure you have a comfortable and positive interview experience, please let us know.
At Smartsheet, we strive to build an inclusive environment that encourages, supports, and celebrates the diverse voices of our team members who also represent the diverse needs of our customers. We're looking for people who are driven, authentic, supportive, effective, and honest. You're encouraged to apply even if your experience doesn't precisely match our job description—if your career path has been nontraditional, that will set you apart. At Smartsheet, we welcome diverse perspectives and people who aren't afraid to be innovative—join us!