Senior Manager, Engagement Delivery (Remote Eligible)
Smartsheet is looking for an experienced Senior Manager of Engagement Delivery (“SMED”) to drive quality, efficiency, and customer satisfaction within our Consulting business by facilitating our largest and most strategic engagements through best practice customer, project and engagement management while driving class leading time to value. In doing so, the SMED will be the primary customer interface to all aspects of the engagement, ensuring successful delivery of our largest and most strategic solutions, while driving class leading time to value. This is a career-defining opportunity for the right candidate to join Smartsheet at a critical moment and truly have a significant impact. The right candidate is a strong communicator, is detail-oriented, and is driven by making an impact for our customers and consultants.
The Senior Engagement Manager is accountable for the on-time, on-budget, and on-value delivery of the customer engagement to meet the customer’s desired business outcomes. This requires the SMED to lead in the delivery of business outcomes, leveraging Smartsheet’s Customer Outcome Journey (“COJ”) methodology while adhering to Smartsheet’s leading engagement management methodology. The SMED will be responsible for collaborating with the customer, project team, and any involved partner, ensuring proper governance is followed to gain stakeholder support for the project, including risk and issue mitigation. The SMED will play a critical role in helping to establish and scale the engagement delivery practice at Smartsheet. The SMED is also responsible for:
- Assembling and leading the Smartsheet resources on the project making sure they are clear on the planned tasks, tracking actual progress, and managing deviations through appropriate measures.
- Leads the delivery team throughout the engagement, potentially with a services partner.
- Responsible for helping to refine Smartsheet’s internal engagement management IP and methodology by capturing best practices and learnings from both the customer and the internal project teams.
- Manages the engagement governance, timeline, scope, risk, change management, resourcing, reporting, and financials.
- Collaborates with the customer’s project teams, partners, account team, and the COJ team to understand the customer and the engagement; including business challenges, key stakeholders, issues, and business value being delivered in adherence to Smartheet’s COJ methodology.
- Understands the business objectives and the internal solution success team objectives, and aligns the deliverables accordingly.
- Applying expertise from the Smartsheet leading engagement management methodology and prescriptive guidance to drive successful delivery of the engagement, including long term customer success.
- Communicates and acts as the single point of contact to facilitate collaboration, decision making and customer buy-in on proposed solutions.
- Coaches, mentors and manages Customer Outcomes to achieve the engagement’s deliverables and enable the customer’s desired business outcomes.
- Typically manages multiple projects simultaneously. Identifies gaps between actuals and plan of record, proposing solutions and driving resolutions.
- Leads the delivery team throughout large, complex programs, often with multiple work streams and potentially in collaboration with a services partner.
- Manages customer expectations throughout the delivery of the project. Communicates individual roles and project expectations and helps to identify and mitigate risks.
- Organizes and helps to initiate kickoff meetings, assess customer readiness readiness and provide status updates to the customer.
- Act as a change agent to build a culture of continuous improvement.
- Maintain project cadence and delivery schedules (project management)
- Maintain financial expectations of engagements
- Identify and communicate risks, both internally and with client leadership
- Coordinate resources and timelines
- Drive ongoing improvement and definition of our consulting methodology and process
- Coordinate across all participants within a project including: assigned Consultant(s), Product and development team, the Customer, and third party service providers
- Work closely with our core Product and Development teams to coordinate enhancement request delivery with our largest projects and ensure continuity between what is being built within the core product and what is being built by the Consulting team
- Interface directly with customers to create project plans and manage expectations, prioritization, and timeline
- Other duties as assigned
- 8 years progressive experience as part of a professional services organization; or equivalent education / experience with 4 years of management experience.
- Ability to travel up to 50%
- Creative, entrepreneurial spirit with comfort running initiatives and program independently within a “start-up paced” environment
- Demonstrated success driving complex issues through analysis and resolution
- Experience working collaboratively and cross-functionally
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
Perks & Benefits:
- 100% employer-paid medical, dental, and vision coverage for full-time employees
- Equity - Restricted Stock Units (RSUs) with all offers
- Lucrative Employee Stock Purchase Program (15% discount)
- 401k Match to help you save for your future (50% of your contribution up to the first 6% of your eligible pay)
- Monthly stipend to support your work and productivity
- Flexible Time Away Program, plus Incidental Sick Leave
- Up to 24 weeks of Parental Leave
- Personal paid Volunteer Day to support our community
- Opportunities for professional growth and development including access to LinkedIn Learning online courses
- Company Funded Perks, including a counseling membership, primary care membership, local retail discounts, and your own personal Smartsheet account
- Teleworking options from any registered location in the U.S. (role specific)
Smartsheet is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to fostering an inclusive environment with the best employees. We provide employment opportunities without regard to any legally protected status in accordance with applicable laws in the US, UK, and Australia. If there are preparations we can make to help ensure you have a comfortable and positive interview experience, please let us know.
At Smartsheet, we strive to build an inclusive environment that encourages, supports, and celebrates the diverse voices of our team members who also represent the diverse needs of our customers. We’re looking for people who are driven, authentic, supportive, effective, and honest. You’re encouraged to apply even if your experience doesn’t precisely match our job description—if your career path has been nontraditional, that will set you apart. At Smartsheet, we welcome diverse perspectives and people who aren’t afraid to be innovative—join us!