Smartsheet is seeking a dynamic leader to build and lead a new Enterprise Readiness & WorkOps practice in our Customer Outcomes Journey group. In this role you will inspire our Customers and Smartsheet employees alike to think differently about how to deliver application development processes and enterprise solutions that empower everyone to drive meaningful change.
This role provides an incredible opportunity to be part of the excitement of a fast-paced growth company and to be a critical player in a broader industry shift in the world of work. The role will involve building and leading a world-class professional services team that provides paid service offerings that encompass disciplines such as Organizational Adoption, Enterprise Architecture, Digital Transformation Strategy and No-Code movement.
You will report to the Vice President, Customer Outcomes Journey.
Design and launch a world-class professional services practice
- Define and build our billable offerings, resource job family and customer-facing sales & delivery materials
- Shepard the delivery of initial ERWO engagements to successful completion, and continuous improvement through rapid experimentation and iteration
- Recruit a diverse team of specialized skills that encompass: Enterprise Architecture, Application Rationalization & Modernization, Cloud Workload Cost Optimization, Security/Privacy Mgt., IT Strategy & Solution demand shaping, enterprise-wide Technology Adoption and No Code/Low Code development
- Position and close initial ERWO opportunities in early adopter accounts teaming with our Large Enterprise sales organization
Accelerate the transformation of Smartsheets’ GTM & customer outcomes lifecycle
- Manage the short-term and long-term P&L of the practice and develop a 3 year strategic vision that creates sustainable ARR bookings growth & ERWO practice margins
- Bridge the gap between our Product Development Roadmaps and the customer’s need for solutions that minimize adoption risk and maximize business outcomes
- Identify and recruit 3rd party delivery partners to provide specialized process/industry skills and broaden our Dynamic Work partner ecosystem
- Provide both run-it-yourself and run-it-for-me delivery options for customers once Dynamic WorkOps has been established in the customer’s operating environment
Lead and support Customers to enterprise-scale adoption of the Smartsheet platform
- Capture multidisciplinary best practices of our Customer Excellence Service organization (PS, Success & Support) and transfer them to ERWO clients and the broader customer base through a self-service community
- Enable Senior Executives to become evangelists of Dynamic Work, User-Driven Development & No Code Enterprise programs that deliver Innovation & Digital Transformation
- Embed outcome/value-based practices in the customer’s IT/LOB Executive team to change how they run their Smartsheet environments for improved value realization
- Understand and communicate high-level governance and operating models on the Smartsheet platform and integrations with existing technology frameworks and platforms
- 5+ years leading a professional services/sales practice in a SaaS organization or technology consulting firm
- 10+ years in both pre and post-sales leadership position in Management Consulting, Professional Services; and driving enterprise architecture and operations strategy
- Executive experience managing, developing, and delivering enterprise consulting services
- A strong track record of building and leading high performance teams
- Bachelor’s degree (required); Masters a plus (Business or Technical preferred)
- Intrinsically curious and passionate about researching current and emerging trends in technology and specific industries
- Excellent understanding of enterprise service management and architectural decision making
- Advanced mastery of multiple solution domains – including Business Management, Enterprise Service Management, Operations Management and Application Development
- Experience in developing and growing C-Level relationships with an ability to communicate complex topics to an audience with various functional knowledge
- Consultative skills including issue diagnosis, unpacking and advising on CXO level challenges
- Presentation skills including public speaking, meeting facilitation and white boarding
- Cross functional program and project management skills.
- Must enjoy working in a highly collaborative, fast-paced environment
- Must be willing to travel
Perks & Benefits:
- 100% employer-paid medical, dental, and vision coverage for full-time employees
- Equity - Restricted Stock Units (RSUs) Equity with all offers
- Lucrative Employee Stock Purchase Program (15% discount)
- 401k Match (50% up to 6%, effective May 1st) to help you save for your future
- Monthly stipend to support your work and productivity
- 15 days PTO to start, plus Flexible Sick Leave
- Up to 24 weeks of Parental Leave
- Personal paid Volunteer Day to support our community
- Opportunities for professional growth and development including access to Audible for Business and LinkedIn Learning online courses
- Company Funded Perks, including a counseling membership, primary care membership, local retail discounts, and your own personal Smartsheet account
- Teleworking options from any registered location in the U.S. (role specific)
Smartsheet is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to fostering an inclusive environment with the best employees. We provide employment opportunities without regard to any legally protected status in accordance with applicable laws in the US, UK, and Australia. If there are preparations we can make to help ensure you have a comfortable and positive interview experience, please let us know.
At Smartsheet, we strive to build an inclusive environment that encourages, supports, and celebrates the diverse voices of our team members who also represent the diverse needs of our customers. We’re looking for people who are driven, authentic, supportive, effective, and honest. You’re encouraged to apply even if your experience doesn’t precisely match our job description—if your career path has been nontraditional, that will set you apart. At Smartsheet, we welcome diverse perspectives and people who aren’t afraid to be innovative—join us!