Want to make an impact in a high-velocity business transforming the way people work? Tens of thousands of brands and over 90% of Fortune 100 companies trust Smartsheet to help them work more efficiently, do more with less, and innovate at lightning speed.
We are looking for an experienced product marketing leader for the position of Director of Product Marketing reporting directly to the Vice President of Product Marketing. This position will lead a team of experienced product and technical marketers focused on messaging, positioning, content development, and go-to-market strategies for our core products and capabilities. The ideal candidate for this role will demonstrate strategic marketing vision and leadership, cross-team and executive alignment, excellent communication skills, and a passion for developing the right customer experience across our entire portfolio of core products and capabilities.
This important and highly visible role is remote eligible or can be based in our corporate offices in Bellevue, WA or Boston, MA.
- Set the strategic product marketing vision based upon a deep understanding of the Smartsheet platform, customer needs, market and competitive landscape, trends and opportunities
- Develop and coach a team of product and technical marketers and create an environment for success, including hiring, mentorship, and performance management
- Guide team development of product messaging and positioning for all core features and capabilities of the Smartsheet platform
- Drive launch and go to market strategies in close collaboration with product management, sales, content, and other teams to ensure successful product launches
- Drive cross-organization and global alignment around Smartsheet’s core product and technical marketing functions including partnering closely with the sales team to prioritize resources that drive the biggest business impact
- Support the field organizations with resources such as messaging guides, presentations, sales training, sales scripts, compete materials, whitepapers, and how-to-guides to enhance sales effectiveness
- Identify ways to scale our core product marketing, technical marketing, and compete efforts globally, optimize across the team and push boundaries on new approaches
- Be a strong voice representing our customers across all conversations and projects. Serve as a key spokesperson for the Smartsheet platform, delivering clear, compelling communications
- Set clear and measurable metrics, and foster a “test and learn” approach to continually improve performance
- Bachelor's degree or comparable work experience
- 10+ years product marketing experience in enterprise technologies, including experience in cloud / SaaS environments
- Experience in leadership roles, with both direct reports and influencing across teams
- Proven ability to work effectively across marketing, sales, customer excellence, and product management
- Skilled at crisp and compelling messaging with a passion for creating stories that highlight key points of differentiation and resonate with our customers
- Demonstrated experience creating a data-driven environment focused on driving impact with quantifiable results
- Proven ability to influence senior leaders regarding matters of significance
- A proven track record of thriving in collaborative, fast-paced work environments
- Strong attention to detail and ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously
Perks & Benefits:
- 100% employer-paid medical, dental, and vision coverage for full-time employees
- Equity - Restricted Stock Units (RSUs) with all offers
- Lucrative Employee Stock Purchase Program (15% discount)
- 401k Match to help you save for your future (50% of your contribution up to the first 6% of your eligible pay)
- Monthly stipend to support your work and productivity
- Flexible Time Away Program, plus Incidental Sick Leave
- Up to 24 weeks of Parental Leave
- Personal paid Volunteer Day to support our community
- Opportunities for professional growth and development including access to LinkedIn Learning online courses
- Company Funded Perks, including a counseling membership, primary care membership, local retail discounts, and your own personal Smartsheet account
- Teleworking options from any registered location in the U.S. (role specific)
Equal Opportunity Employer:
Smartsheet is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to fostering an inclusive environment with the best employees. We provide employment opportunities without regard to any legally protected status in accordance with applicable laws in the US, UK, and Australia. If there are preparations we can make to help ensure you have a comfortable and positive interview experience, please let us know.
At Smartsheet, we strive to build an inclusive environment that encourages, supports, and celebrates the diverse voices of our team members who also represent the diverse needs of our customers. We’re looking for people who are driven, authentic, supportive, effective, and honest. You’re encouraged to apply even if your experience doesn’t precisely match our job description—if your career path has been nontraditional, that will set you apart. At Smartsheet, we welcome diverse perspectives and people who aren’t afraid to be innovative—join us!