At Smartsheet, our purpose is to empower everyone to achieve more. As a member of the Experience Design team, you will shape the future of work, making our category-leading work execution platform valuable, elegant, and engaging. As a Senior UX Designer, you will apply principles of design thinking to conceptualize and create engaging, valuable, and intuitive user experiences for our web and mobile apps. You will represent the end-user and promote human-centered methodologies across the product team to ensure new designs that meet people’s needs from first-time users to seasoned experts.
This role is remote-eligible or can be based in our headquarters located in Bellevue, WA. You will report to the UX Design Manager.
- Gain an understanding of user needs and goals, designing for end-to-end experiences that focus on long-term vision and product strategy.
- Create understanding across product teams to launch new features and evolve existing ones based on an understanding of user needs, business goals, and technical constraints.
- Create task flows, wireframes, prototypes, and other interaction design deliverables.
- Conduct usability testing and incorporate user and team feedback.
- Create visually stunning interfaces that make emotional connections with users and communicate the brand.
- Provide assets, specifications, and guidance for implementation of the user interface throughout the development process.
- Support other duties as necessary.
- 5+ years of experience designing exceptional experiences for complex, data-driven web and mobile applications.
- Passion for the field of User Experience.
- Experience facilitating activities to gather insights on user needs and goals and conducting usability testing.
- Experience leading one or more critical products in direction and strategic thinking while developing product goals, identifying opportunities, and making decisions based on the customer impact and product vision.
- Experience in designing interactions accounting customer needs, emotions, and scalability.
- Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to clearly articulate a problem space, design decisions, Proactively solicit and provide feedback from designers and a larger product team in order to continually raise our bar for quality.
- Excellent visual design skills and sensibilities.
- Expert in Figma, Sketch, Principal, or other visual design, wireframing, and prototyping tools.
- Degree in Design (Interaction, Product, Communication, HCD, or related) or equivalent experience.
Perks & Benefits
- 100% employer-paid medical, dental, and vision coverage for full-time employees
- Equity - Restricted Stock Units (RSUs) with all offers
- Lucrative Employee Stock Purchase Program (15% discount)
- 401k Match to help you save for your future (50% of your contribution up to the first 6% of your eligible pay)
- Monthly stipend to support your work and productivity
- Flexible Time Away Program, plus Incidental Sick Leave
- Up to 24 weeks of Parental Leave
- Personal paid Volunteer Day to support our community
- Opportunities for professional growth and development including access to LinkedIn Learning online courses
- Company Funded Perks, including a counseling membership, primary care membership, local retail discounts, and your own personal Smartsheet account
- Teleworking options from any registered location in the U.S. (role specific)
Equal Opportunity Employer
Smartsheet is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to fostering an inclusive environment with the best employees. We provide employment opportunities without regard to any legally protected status in accordance with applicable laws in the US, UK, and Australia. If there are preparations we can make to help ensure you have a comfortable and positive interview experience, please let us know.
At Smartsheet, we strive to build an inclusive environment that encourages, supports, and celebrates the diverse voices of our team members who also represent the diverse needs of our customers. We’re looking for people who are driven, authentic, supportive, effective, and honest. You’re encouraged to apply even if your experience doesn’t precisely match our job description—if your career path has been nontraditional, that will set you apart. At Smartsheet, we welcome diverse perspectives and people who aren’t afraid to be innovative—join us!