We are looking for an experienced Senior Software Engineer to join our engineering team. You will build delightful customer-facing experiences for the future of collaborative work management. You will also drive the design and delivery of a platform to support services that create the dynamic platform to empower everyone, everywhere to change the way the world works.
In 2005, Smartsheet was founded on the idea that teams and millions of people worldwide deserve a better way to deliver their very best work. Today, we deliver a leading cloud-based platform for work execution, empowering organizations to plan, capture, track, automate, and report on work at scale, resulting in more efficient processes and better business outcomes.
You will be based in our Engineering Office in Bellevue, WA or Remote and will report to a Manager in our engineering organization and have the option to work remotely from an Smartsheet registered location within the United States.
Learn more about our platform here: Smartsheet Overview Video.
- Work on all areas of the application: front-end, back end, databases, infrastructure and test automation
- Contribute in all aspects of product development: idea generation, customer engagement, planning, design, prototyping, execution, shipping, and operational excellence
- Work with a team of passionate, engaged engineers, and with diverse teams including product managers, designers, marketers, and more. Together, you'll build solutions for customers that unlock dynamic work.
- Mentor more junior team members in the whole software development lifecycle: design, architecture, coding best practices, and more.
- Improve the team's code style, consistency, readability, and performance through thoughtful code review
- Promote the improvement of processes from the technical (deployment, rollback, and more) to the non-technical (conducting meetings, onboarding new engineers).
- 5+ years software development experience
- Comfortable with algorithms, data structures, and coding best practices
- Worked on developing services at scale
- At home anywhere in the tech stack, from operations to the front-end, including distributed systems, data layers and performant, well documented RESTful APIs
- Proficient at breaking down a concept based on your audience – whether they're technical or non-technical – and your medium – whether it's verbal, in prose, or in code.
- A supportive teammate that helps people get unstuck, and easily recognizes that teams are more successful when colleagues look for opportunities to help one another
- A team member with an ability to translate customer frustrations and needs into features that solve customer problems
- BS or MS in Computer Science, a related field, equivalent industry experience, or equivalent educational experience.
- Legally eligible to work in the U.S. on an ongoing basis
Perks & Benefits:
- 100% employer-paid medical, dental, and vision coverage for full-time employees
- Equity - Restricted Stock Units (RSUs) with all offers
- Lucrative Employee Stock Purchase Program (15% discount)
- 401k Match to help you save for your future (50% of your contribution up to the first 6% of your eligible pay)
- Monthly stipend to support your work and productivity
- Flexible Time Away Program, plus Incidental Sick Leave
- Up to 24 weeks of Parental Leave
- Personal paid Volunteer Day to support our community
- Opportunities for professional growth and development including access to LinkedIn Learning online courses
- Company Funded Perks, including a counseling membership, primary care membership, local retail discounts, and your own personal Smartsheet account
- Teleworking options from any registered location in the U.S. (role specific)
Equal Opportunity Employer:
Smartsheet is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to fostering an inclusive environment with the best employees. We provide employment opportunities without regard to any legally protected status in accordance with applicable laws in the US, UK, and Australia. If there are preparations we can make to help ensure you have a comfortable and positive interview experience, please let us know.
At Smartsheet, we strive to build an inclusive environment that encourages, supports, and celebrates the diverse voices of our team members who also represent the diverse needs of our customers. We're looking for people who are driven, authentic, supportive, effective, and honest. You're encouraged to apply even if your experience doesn't precisely match our job description—if your career path has been nontraditional, that will set you apart. At Smartsheet, we welcome diverse perspectives and people who aren't afraid to be innovative—join us!