The Smartsheet marketing team seeks an experienced Senior Content Marketing Writer to join the Content Strategy team. You will be a trusted collaborator and develop original content to be published in owned digital channels as well as third party publications. You are familiar with the tech sector, and ideally also have experience with business-to-business (B2B) communications. You relish the opportunity to craft artful stories. You think and write empathetically, and love the opportunity to reach human beings. And, you are motivated to help a rapidly-growing business achieve its objectives within an increasingly competitive landscape.
Smartsheet exists to empower anyone to drive meaningful change. You will participate in this mission by creating the stories which invite readers to explore, learn more, and adopt Smartsheet throughout their organization.
You will report to the Director, Content Strategy and can be based remotely or in our Bellevue, WA HQ.
- Produce written content on behalf of the Smartsheet brand that is consistent with our brand voice, style, and tone. Weave in words and phrases that make your stories discoverable through search engines. Delve into the complex but boil it down to the salient points that everyone can understand. Deliverables include long-form articles and whitepapers, interactive content, blog posts, one sheets, scripts for demo and overview videos, and copy for digital channels.
- Find and pitch the best stories and content ideas, uncover all the facts, identify the people with knowledge, interview them, and ultimately build a story that engages our audience.
- Interview C-level executives, customers, and influencers on their POV in their respective space (IT, marketing, resource management, product, etc.) and develop thought-provoking content based on those interviews.
- Track key market trends and competitive messages to influence the content creation strategy and create the necessary content to address key trends and competitive positioning with POVs, insights, proactive statements, strategic stories, etc.
- Collaborate across functions to deliver compelling content to the right audience at the right time.
- Edit someone else’s attempt at writing and shape it into something beautiful.
- Think about channels for content distribution, e.g., social media, about forums where our audience may hang out, and about new venues to deliver content.
- Participate in a new studio environment for integrated marketing. Participate in the generation of new storytelling vehicles in partnership with visual and video designers.
- Learn about, and then passionately advocate for the use of Smartsheet. Seek out innovative use-cases of the product in partnership with colleagues across the company.
- 5+ years of experience in writing, content creation, and content planning (B2B preferred).
- Strong business and marketing acumen.
- Familiarity with digital customer experiences and the buyer’s journey.
- Comfort with interviewing and presenting to senior executives.
- Experience translating research and insights into relevant stories.
- The ability to successfully partner with collaborators across design, development, campaigns, product and product marketing, and outside partners such as agencies and publications.
Perks & Benefits:
- 100% employer-paid medical, dental, and vision coverage for full-time employees
- Equity - Restricted Stock Units (RSUs) Equity with all offers
- Lucrative Employee Stock Purchase Program (15% discount)
- 401k Match to help you save for your future (50% of your contribution up to the first 6% of your eligible pay)
- Monthly stipend to support your work and productivity
- 15 days PTO to start, plus Flexible Sick Leave
- Up to 24 weeks of Parental Leave
- Personal paid Volunteer Day to support our community
- Opportunities for professional growth and development including LinkedIn Learning online courses
- Company Funded Perks, including a counseling membership, primary care membership, local retail discounts, and your own personal Smartsheet account
- Teleworking options from any registered location in the U.S. (role specific)
Equal Opportunity Employer:
Smartsheet is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to fostering an inclusive environment with the best employees. We provide employment opportunities without regard to any legally protected status in accordance with applicable laws in the US, UK, and Australia. If there are preparations we can make to help ensure you have a comfortable and positive interview experience, please let us know.
At Smartsheet, we strive to build an inclusive environment that encourages, supports, and celebrates the diverse voices of our team members who also represent the diverse needs of our customers. We’re looking for people who are driven, authentic, supportive, effective, and honest. You’re encouraged to apply even if your experience doesn’t precisely match our job description—if your career path has been nontraditional, that will set you apart. At Smartsheet, we welcome diverse perspectives and people who aren’t afraid to be innovative—join us!