As the world’s leading SaaS platform for managing and automating collaborative work, Smartsheet is the best way for businesses to plan, collect, handle, automate, and report on work, enabling them to move from idea to impact fast. Over 100,000 customers, and millions of information workers, trust Smartsheet to help them accelerate business execution, enhance collaboration and visibility, and empower individuals.
Smartsheet is seeking a QA Engineer who will support the Digital Marketing team in the creation of innovative and interactive digital experiences across website properties. This individual will work alongside a team of developers, designers and business stakeholders to ensure the quality of our website properties and customer experience, and verify what is built accurately represents the project intent.
This position will be located at our headquarters in Bellevue, WA and will report to the Lead QA Manager.
- Ensure new website features and projects maintain a high standard of quality and compatibility across browsers and devices
- Ensure work matches stakeholder intent - quality in design, proper customer and user experience, and stakeholder goals.
- Scaling capabilities through test automation, other tools, and people
- Supporting team in regular, timely and stable deployments
- Communicate with business stakeholders to update on issues/releases, and to fully understand business goals
- Identify, collect and/or create validation test data sets
- Provide estimation of effort to complete testing tasks related to sprints and larger waterfall projects
- Plan, create and execute detailed manual test scripts
- Thoroughly document the results of test cases and any defects encountered so they are easily understood. Provide complete information to replicate the issue
- Perform functional and regression testing
- Keep manager updated with status of tasks and make team aware of any issues or risks that may impact the delivery of a story or product release
- 3+ years of testing experience
- QA background with experience in creating and reviewing test plans and test cases.
- Project management skills, preferred experience in an agile development environment.
- Strong sense of ownership, urgency and drive
- Enthusiasm to dig into technical features, issues and specifications
- Creativity and initiative for improving product test coverage and effectiveness
- Skills in analyzing, diagnosing and solving complex problems
- Demonstrated self-motivation, self-management and flexibility to prioritize work
- Knowledge of QA methodologies, tools and test approaches
- Front end and back end web service testing
- Working knowledge of typical content management system architecture and workflows. (Drupal experience is a bonus)
Perks and Benefits
- 100% employer-paid medical, dental, and vision coverage for full-time employees
- Equity - Restricted Stock Units (RSUs) Equity with all offers
- Lucrative Employee Stock Purchase Program (15% discount)
- 401k Match to help you save for your future (50% of your contribution up to the first 6% of your eligible pay)
- Monthly stipend to support your work and productivity
- 15 days PTO to start, plus Flexible Sick Leave
- Teleworking options from any registered location in the U.S. (role specific)
- Up to 24 weeks of Parental Leave
- Personal paid Volunteer Day to support our community
- Opportunities for professional growth and development including access to Audible for Business and LinkedIn Learning online courses
- Company Funded Perks, including a counseling membership, primary care membership, local retail discounts, and your own personal Smartsheet account
Equal Opportunity Employer
Smartsheet is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to fostering an inclusive environment with the best employees. We provide employment opportunities without regard to any legally protected status in accordance with applicable laws in the US, UK, and Australia. If there are preparations we can make to help ensure you have a comfortable and positive interview experience, please let us know.
At Smartsheet, we strive to build an inclusive environment that encourages, supports, and celebrates the diverse voices of our team members who also represent the diverse needs of our customers. We're looking for people who are driven, authentic, supportive, effective, and honest. You're encouraged to apply even if your experience doesn't precisely match our job description—if your career path has been nontraditional, that will set you apart. At Smartsheet, we welcome diverse perspectives and people who aren't afraid to be innovative—join us!