Smartsheet is looking for a Senior Front-End Web Developer to join our marketing web team. Responsibilities will include translation of the UI/UX design wireframes to actual code that will produce visual elements of the application. You will collaborate with our UI/UX and visual designers to bridge the gap between design and technical implementation, taking an active role on both sides and defining how the application looks as well as how it works.
You will report to the Director of Marketing Web Properties and can be based remotely or in our Bellevue, WA HQ.
- Develop new user-facing features
- Build reusable code and libraries for future use
- Ensure the technical feasibility of UI/UX designs
- Optimize application for maximum speed and scalability
- Collaborate with other team members and stakeholders
- Participate in all phases of quality assurance and defect resolution
- Support other duties as needed
- Proficient understanding of web markup, including HTML5, CSS3
- Proficient understanding of server-side CSS pre-processing platforms, such as LESS and SASS
- Basic knowledge of image authoring tools, to be able to crop, resize, or perform small adjustments on an image. Familiarity with Photoshop and Illustrator.
- Proficient understanding of cross-browser/device compatibility issues and ways to work around them.
- Proficient understanding of code versioning tools, such as Git.
- Good understanding of SEO principles and ensuring that application will adhere to them.
- Experience with PHP-based content management systems such as WordPress and Drupal.
- 5+ years relevant agency or internal development team experience
- 4-5 years Web Development Drupal experience on Fortune 1000 Sites
- 4+ years experience as a senior lead and/or leading large web development projects
Perks & Benefits
- 100% employer-paid medical, dental, and vision coverage for full-time employees
- Equity - Restricted Stock Units (RSUs) Equity with all offers
- Lucrative Employee Stock Purchase Program (15% discount)
- 401k Match to help you save for your future (50% of your contribution up to the first 6% of your eligible pay)
- Monthly stipend to support your work and productivity
- 15 days PTO to start, plus Flexible Sick Leave
- Up to 24 weeks of Parental Leave
- Personal paid Volunteer Day to support our community
- Opportunities for professional growth and development including access to Audible for Business and LinkedIn Learning online courses
- Company Funded Perks, including a counseling membership, primary care membership, local retail discounts, and your own personal Smartsheet account
- Teleworking options from any registered location in the U.S. (role specific)
Equal Opportunity Employer
Smartsheet is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to fostering an inclusive environment with the best employees. We provide employment opportunities without regard to any legally protected status in accordance with applicable laws in the US, UK, and Australia. If there are preparations we can make to help ensure you have a comfortable and positive interview experience, please let us know.
At Smartsheet, we strive to build an inclusive environment that encourages, supports, and celebrates the diverse voices of our team members who also represent the diverse needs of our customers. We're looking for people who are driven, authentic, supportive, effective, and honest. You're encouraged to apply even if your experience doesn't precisely match our job description—if your career path has been nontraditional, that will set you apart. At Smartsheet, we welcome diverse perspectives and people who aren't afraid to be innovative—join us!