10,000ft by Smartsheet is looking for an experienced Software Engineer II to join our Engineering team. Smartsheet acquired 10,000ft in 2019 to enhance Smartsheet's resource management capability. We currently focus on bringing the added value of 10,000ft to all Smartsheet users. We also continue to build 10000ft as a stand-alone product. Together with Smartsheet, we're proud to be a leader in the collaborative work management space.
Engineers on the 10000ft Integration Team work with several team members to build quality software. These include technical experts, product experts, designers, and customer support. In cross-functional teams, we develop products focused on solving customer problems. As a highly available service, we focus on operational excellence and all areas of DevOps. These areas include observability, telemetry, performance, scalability, and availability. All our engineers share this responsibility. You will also develop skills in distributed systems design, cloud architecture, and service operation.
You will report to the Manager of Engineering. Work will be remote until it is deemed safe to return to the office in Bellevue, WA. After that date, options will be available for both remote and in-office working locations.
- Participate across the full product life cycle: product design, implementation, and operational support.
- Develop software with a focus on excellent customer experiences.
- Participate in all phases of quality assurance and defect resolution with a focus on test automation and code coverage.
- Maintain a high level of operational excellence focusing on application and infrastructure scalability, reliability, and performance.
- 2+ years web application development
- 1+ years experience in SaaS application development
- Experience building scalable applications with high availability
- Legally eligible to work in the U.S. on an ongoing basis
- BS in Computer Science, a related field, or equivalent industry experience
Perks & Benefits:
- 100% employer-paid medical, dental, and vision coverage for full-time employees
- Equity - Restricted Stock Units (RSUs) Equity with all offers
- Lucrative Employee Stock Purchase Program (15% discount)
- 401k Match to help you save for your future (50% of your contribution up to the first 6% of your eligible pay)
- Monthly stipend to support your work and productivity
- 15 days PTO to start, plus Flexible Sick Leave
- Teleworking options from any registered location in the U.S. (role specific)
- Up to 24 weeks of Parental Leave
- Personal paid Volunteer Day to support our community
- Opportunities for professional development including access to Audible for Business and LinkedIn Learning online courses
- Company Funded Perks, including a counseling membership, primary care membership, local retail discounts, and a personal Smartsheet account
Equal Opportunity Employer:
Smartsheet is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to promoting an inclusive environment with the best employees. We provide employment opportunities without regard to any legally protected status in accordance with applicable laws in the US, UK, and Australia. If there are preparations we can make to help ensure you have a comfortable and positive interview experience, please let us know.
At Smartsheet, we aim to create an inclusive environment that encourages and celebrates the diverse voices of our team members who also represent the diverse needs of our customers. We're looking for people who are driven, authentic, supportive, effective, and honest. You're encouraged to apply even if your experience doesn't precisely match our job description—if your career path has been nontraditional, that will set you apart. At Smartsheet, we welcome diverse perspectives.