Smartsheet, a leading work management platform, is looking for someone to manage our global billing, activations and collections process. The Vice President, Finance Operations will report directly to the CFO, with a dotted line reporting to the SVP of Operations, and will work in close partnership with the Corporate Controller, CRO, and other senior leaders. You will oversee the global order to cash operations for Smartsheet’s business, recommend and advocate for operational improvement, and implement changes that support a fast-growing global business.
In 2005, Smartsheet was founded on the idea that teams and millions of people worldwide deserve a better way to achieve their very best work. Today, we provide a leading cloud-based platform for work execution, empowering organizations to plan, capture, track, automate, and report on work at scale, resulting in more efficient processes and better results.
The preferred location for this role is in Bellevue, WA. We would also consider candidates who are located in Boston, MA and Denver, CO.
- Be a strategic partner to the CFO, SVP of Operations, and CRO in developing and implementing an outstanding global order to cash solutions and processes that delight customers and ensure Smartsheet collects cash according to the terms set by our company
- Set procedures to create effective invoicing, activations, collections, and cash applications motions, partnering with engineering and sales to improve automation and results
- Increase efficiency, accuracy, and customer satisfaction through data analytics and measurement
- Standardize and improve through regular operational reviews
- Build and develop a highly-engaged team dedicated to achieving operational excellence and providing an excellent customer experience
- Work closely with Corporate Controller, Head of Tax, and Head of Internal Audit to ensure implemented improvements follow financial accounting and reporting processes, US GAAP, SOX compliance, legal and tax requirements
- Develop and ensure adequate internal controls are maintained to safeguard company assets and provide accurate financial records including continued compliance with legal requirements
- Other duties as assigned
- Critical thinker with a bias for results
- Experience building teams and managing global financial operations in a high-transaction environment
- Experience creating and monitoring processes powered by systems such as Stripe, Netsuite, FinancialForce, and Saleforce.com
- The ability to understand and respond to the demands of a complex business quickly
- Experience growing and developing teams
- Collaborative leader who is passionate and engaging
- Experience in SaaS
- 15+ years of relevant experience
- BA and MBA preferred, or equivalent experience
Perks & Benefits:
- 100% employer-paid medical, dental, and vision coverage for full-time employees
- Equity - Restricted Stock Units (RSUs) Equity with all offers
- Lucrative Employee Stock Purchase Program (15% discount)
- 401k Match to help you save for your future (50% of your contribution up to the first 6% of your eligible pay)
- Monthly stipend towards your commute to work
- 15 days PTO to start, plus Flexible Sick Leave
- Up to 24 weeks of Parental Leave
- Personal paid Volunteer Day to support our community
- Opportunities for professional growth and development including access to Audible for Business and LinkedIn Learning online courses
- Company Funded Perks, including a counseling membership, primary care membership, local retail discounts, and your own personal Smartsheet account
Equal Opportunity Employer:
Smartsheet is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to fostering an inclusive environment with the best employees. We provide employment opportunities without regard to any legally protected status in accordance with applicable laws in the US, UK, and Australia. If there are preparations we can make to help ensure you have a comfortable and positive interview experience, please let us know.
At Smartsheet, we strive to build an inclusive environment that encourages, supports, and celebrates the diverse voices of our team members who also represent the diverse needs of our customers. We’re looking for people who are driven, authentic, supportive, effective, and honest. You’re encouraged to apply even if your experience doesn’t precisely match our job description—if your career path has been nontraditional, that will set you apart. At Smartsheet, we welcome diverse perspectives and people who aren’t afraid to be innovative—join us!