At Smartsheet, we are building the next generation workspace collaboration platform. Trust is one of our core values, and as an engineering organization, trust requires maintaining and improving on systems that secure our customers’ data. The Smartsheet Information Security team owns the entire portfolio of product security practices and focuses on a tools-based approach that automates the detection of commonly identified security weaknesses, eliminates risk through secure frameworks and paved-path designs, and empowers engineering to build products quickly and securely.
We are looking for an Application Security Engineer who can guide application security programs, perform code review and contribute to product design, and help us improve our detection capabilities.
You will report to the head of our Security Engineering team and will be located in our Bellevue, Washington headquarters.
- Help guide decisions around what our team does and how we do it.
- Develop techniques to ensure our engineering teams can find flaws before they are introduced into production.
- Participate in our bug bounty program, performing root cause analysis of findings and applying solutions across the entire product.
- Create new detection capabilities using available software and in-house development.
- Work with engineering teams to design solutions that are inherently secure.
- Lead software security projects.
- Correctly balance security risk and product advancement.
- Conduct regular security assessments.
- Participate in security event and incident response efforts.
- 2+ Years Software engineering experience in a production environment.
- An understanding of the web’s architecture.
- Experience finding flaws in software and explaining how to fix them.
- Experience applying your skills in public cloud environments.
- The ability to analyze security flaws and designing mitigations in a Java application stack.
- Full fluency in a programming language, we build in Go or python.
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent professional experience.
- Legally eligibility to work in the U.S. on an ongoing basis.
Perks & Benefits:
- 100% employer-paid medical, dental, and vision coverage for full-time employees
- Equity - Restricted Stock Units (RSUs) Equity with all offers
- Lucrative Employee Stock Purchase Program (15% discount)
- 401k Match (50% up to 6%, effective May 1st) to help you save for your future
- Monthly stipend towards your commute to work
- 15 days PTO to start, plus Flexible Sick Leave
- Up to 24 weeks of Parental Leave
- Personal paid Volunteer Day to support our community
- Opportunities for professional growth and development including access to Audible for Business and LinkedIn Learning online courses
- Company Funded Perks, including a counseling membership, primary care membership, local retail discounts, and your own personal Smartsheet account
Equal Opportunity Employer:
Smartsheet is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to encouraging an inclusive environment with the best employees. We provide employment opportunities without regard to any legally protected status in accordance with applicable laws in the US, UK, and Australia. If there are preparations we can make to help ensure you have a comfortable and positive interview experience, please let us know.
At Smartsheet, we work to build an inclusive environment that encourages, supports, and celebrates the diverse voices of our team members who also represent the diverse needs of our customers. We’re looking for people who are motivated, authentic, supportive, effective, and honest. You’re encouraged to apply even if your experience doesn’t precisely match our job description—if your career path has been nontraditional, that will set you apart. At Smartsheet, we welcome diverse perspectives and people who aren’t afraid to be innovative—join us!