Smartsheet is seeking a full time Senior Mobile Software Engineer - Android to join our Development Team.
This position you will design and build the next generation of the mobile versions of Smartsheet’s collaborative work and project management software. You will report into our Android Engineering Manager. We work in an agile collaborative environment that stays focused on building great software. Here you can use the latest mobile and web technologies to their fullest potential.
In 2005, Smartsheet was founded on the idea that teams and millions of people worldwide deserve a better way to deliver their very best work. Today, we deliver a leading cloud-based platform for work execution, empowering organizations to plan, capture, track, automate, and report on work at scale, resulting in more efficient processes and better outcomes.
- Participate in the entire development life cycle, from concept to release
- Work closely with product managers, UI designers, and testers in a highly collaborative environment
- Deliver secure, high performance, maintainable code using best practices
- Enhance existing application code with new features and functionality
- Create solid designs for new components, review other engineers' designs, and provide constructive, deep-dive code reviews
- Mentor junior engineers
- 5+ years software development experience
- 3+ years professional Android application development experience using both Java and Kotlin
- BS in Computer Science or equivalent training and experience
- A passion for mobile and tablet devices, applications, and user interfaces
- Familiarity with general and mobile-specific design patterns
- Experience building high performance, fluid mobile applications, working anywhere in the code from platform, networking, and storage layers all the way up to UI
- Troubleshooting and debugging skills, including familiarity with debugging Android platform code
- Worked independently in an agile environment with frequent production releases
Perks & Benefits:
- 100% employer-paid medical, dental, and vision coverage for full-time employees
- Equity - Restricted Stock Units (RSUs) Equity with all offers
- Lucrative Employee Stock Purchase Program (15% discount)
- 401k Match (50% up to 6%, effective May 1st) to help you save for your future
- Monthly stipend towards your commute to work
- 15 days PTO to start, plus Flexible Sick Leave
- Up to 24 weeks of Parental Leave
- Personal paid Volunteer Day to support our community
- Opportunities for professional growth and development including access to Audible for Business and LinkedIn Learning online courses
- Company Funded Perks, including a counseling membership, primary care membership, local retail discounts, and your own personal Smartsheet account
Equal Opportunity Employer:
Smartsheet is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to fostering an inclusive environment with the best employees. We provide employment opportunities without regard to any legally protected status in accordance with applicable laws in the US, UK, and Australia. If there are preparations we can make to help ensure you have a comfortable and positive interview experience, please let us know.
At Smartsheet, we strive to build an inclusive environment that encourages, supports, and celebrates the diverse voices of our team members who also represent the diverse needs of our customers. We’re looking for people who are driven, authentic, supportive, effective, and honest. You’re encouraged to apply even if your experience doesn’t precisely match our job description—if your career path has been nontraditional, that will set you apart. At Smartsheet, we welcome diverse perspectives and people who aren’t afraid to be innovative—join us!