Smartsheet is looking for a regional Channel Account Manager for the Federal Sales Channel based in the Washington DC area. You will increase our Fed sales by managing and recruiting our Fed focused partner community. You will be a quota-carrying, revenue-producing role that recruits, onboards and manages relationships with a defined portfolio of partners. You will manage selective new partner recruitment, engaging the partner with the Smartsheet Aligned partner program, and driving joint partner business planning. You will also collaborate with Smartsheet direct Fed sales teams locally, but report to the global channel leader based in Bellevue, WA.
- Recruit new partners aligned with our ideal partner profile. Current partner types include: VARs, Referral Partners, Distributors, System Integrators, and ISVs.
- Manage the government procurement process through and with partners, including distributors [Carahsoft] and marketplaces [AWS]
- Meet revenue targets by building relationships with potential and existing channel partners
- Engage and manage Smartsheet partner programs and relationships to support partnership goals and sales opportunities (e.g. direct sales, sales engineers, channel marketing)
- Manage a multi-quarter and annual planning process with important partners: Enablement, Co-Marketing, Sales pipeline. Channel pipeline, forecast reporting and track progress through the sales cycle. Host QBRs.
- Drive monthly partner alignment sessions to review partners’ pipelines, conduct win/loss analysis, and develop account penetration strategies to identify and build new sales opportunities
- Provide ongoing sales coaching and sales enablement activities, and work with the partner organizations to ensure they complete any required partner training and certifications
- Work with partners and other resources (e.g. partner marketing manager) on developing and executing a partner marketing plan to drive demand to support revenue targets
- Review and advise partners on sales responses for RFIs/RFPs
- Secure ongoing partner preference and investment in supplier relationships and offerings; grow the supplier’s share of mind and share of wallet within the partner organization
- Manage partners’ compliance with channel program requirements and governance on channel policies to maintain the partner relationship
- Provide field and partner input and feedback to internal supplier functions (e.g. sales, product, marketing) on tools and programs
- 5+ years of sales experience in Enterprise Application software. SaaS experience preferred.
- 5+ years of channel experience and, ideally, an existing network of software-focused partners in the Fed channel.
- Ability with partner recruitment and joint business planning.
- Bachelors (BA/BS) degree required
In 2005, Smartsheet was founded on the idea that teams and millions of people worldwide deserve a better way to deliver their very best work. Today, the company delivers a leading cloud-based platform for work execution, empowering organizations to plan, capture, track, automate, and report on work at scale, resulting in more efficient processes and better business outcomes. Smartsheet went public on the New York Stock Exchange in April 2018 and currently enables collaboration, better decision making, and accelerated innovation for over 76,000 domain-based customers in 190 countries, including 96 of the Fortune 100.
Smartsheet is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Individuals seeking employment at Smartsheet are considered without regard to race, ethnicity, color, age, sex, religion, national origin, ancestry, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, physical or mental disability, registered domestic partner status, caregiver status, marital status, veteran or military status, citizenship status, or any other legally protected category.
- Comprehensive medical, dental, and vision coverage
- PTO and sick leave
- 401k and Employee Stock Purchase Program
- Opportunities for professional growth and development