Smartsheet is looking for an operationally proven corporate Travel Program Manager. This individual will partner across Smartsheet and with our external travel partners and service providers to manage and monitor traveling activity and contracts. This role is the first of its kind, allowing you to recommend, influence, and operationalize this area of spend, and will have a material impact on our organization. The goal is to ensure that travel is safe, that spend is competitively negotiated, that services are delivered in line with expectations and organized according to company Policy. This position reports to the global Procurement leader.
The role is located at our headquarters in Bellevue, WA. With over 80,000 brands and millions of users in more than 190 countries, the company is uniquely positioned to attract high-performing team members who thrive on challenge. Our leadership team is comprised of executives with deep experience and demonstrated success in the software industry.
- Liaison with company leaders, partners, and other internal and external parties
- Manage relationships with contracted travel agency and direct travel, such as airline, car rental and hotel, etc.
- Identify and negotiate contracts or rates with travel service providers
- Manage company compliance with the use of preferred suppliers
- Develop, monitor and enforce employee expenses, corporate travel and credit card usage is in compliance with company Travel & Expense Policy
- Partner with Accounts Payable to monitor employee expense reimbursement processes, inclusive of assisting with continuous process improvement
- Provide reporting and insight to direct and executive management around spend, volumes, trends, along with exception reporting and forecasting
- Be responsible for the continuing analysis and development of technology and systems used for travel and expense reimbursement
- Partner with internal stakeholders to assist, identify and resolve risks and program and service provider issues.
- Support the senior leadership team, providing continuity and guidance across cross-functional initiatives
- Bachelors degree or equivalent professional experience
- 5+ years experience of corporate travel program management
- Demonstrated understanding of travel-related contract negotiations, domestic and international travel regulations, customs and currencies
- Must be results-driven and self-motivated, operationally effective and innovative
- Excellent communication skills (oral and written) and negotiation skills
- Well-organized, reliable and with a customer-oriented approach
In 2005, Smartsheet was founded on the idea that teams and millions of people worldwide deserve a better way to deliver their very best work. Today, the company delivers a leading cloud-based platform for work execution, empowering organizations to plan, capture, track, automate, and report on work at scale, resulting in more efficient processes and better business outcomes. Smartsheet went public on the New York Stock Exchange in April 2018 and currently enables collaboration, better decision making, and accelerated innovation for over 76,000 domain-based customers in 190 countries, including 96 of the Fortune 100.
Smartsheet is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Individuals seeking employment at Smartsheet are considered without regard to race, ethnicity, color, age, sex, religion, national origin, ancestry, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, physical or mental disability, registered domestic partner status, caregiver status, marital status, veteran or military status, citizenship status, or any other legally protected