Smartsheet is looking for a Payroll Analyst with a strong track record of success to join a growing HR team in a high-growth Software as a Service (SaaS) company. The role will be share responsibility for providing direct employee payroll support, processing and executing payroll batches, reconciling, and taking on other payroll duties as assigned. This position reports to the Payroll Manager and is located at our headquarters in Bellevue, WA.
With tens of thousands of subscribing organizations and millions of users in more than 160 countries, the company is uniquely positioned to attract high performing team members who thrive on challenge. Company leadership is comprised of executives with deep experience and demonstrated success in the software industry.
- Review and reconcile payroll tax deposits and returns
- Year end - W2/W3 reconciliation and reporting
- Keep apprised of federal, state and local compensation laws and regulations in order to ensure company compliance
- Process and reconcile global payroll for 1300+ employees (and growing) as needed
- Review payroll audit reports and process adjustments as necessary
- Directly assist employees and managers in payroll-related questions or issues
- Maintain sensitive and confidential information with the highest degree of integrity and privacy
- Work closely with HR, Benefits, Compensation, and Accounting teams to document payroll changes
- 3-5 years direct payroll experience
- Solid understanding of local, state, and federal payroll and tax laws
- Effective interpersonal skills, including the ability to interact with individuals inside and outside Smartsheet in a way consistent with our values and commitment to service
- Direct, approachable, and clear written and verbal communicator
- Strong attention to detail with high level of accuracy
- Ability to work independently, manage shifting priorities, demonstrate good personal judgment, and effectively handle tasks under pressure
- Flexibility in handling workload fluctuations and multiple requests
- Advanced level of proficiency using Microsoft Office and Google for Work
- Experience with international payroll a plus
- Experience with Smartsheet and Paycom a plus
Founded in Bellevue, WA in 2005, Smartsheet is a high-growth cloud-based (SaaS) work management platform that empowers collaboration, drives better decision making, and accelerates innovation. Smartsheet is designed to unleash the benefits of greater work agility and collaboration by providing a powerful platform for organizations to plan, track, automate, and report on work. Smartsheet empowers teams to execute with speed and accountability — and make better decisions, faster.
Smartsheet is a place where people love what they do and are empowered to do their best work every day. We support one another and achieve our goals as a team, not as individuals. Each person, at every level, gets to have an impact.
Honest: Be truthful and do what is right
Authentic: Be real and challenge directly
Driven: Operate with urgency and focus on results
Innovative: Develop new ideas and think creatively
Effective: Deliver quality
Supportive: Be kind and help each other succeed
Smartsheet is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Individuals seeking employment at Smartsheet are considered without regard to race, ethnicity, color, age, sex, religion, national origin, ancestry, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, physical or mental disability, registered domestic partner status, caregiver status, marital status, veteran or military status, citizenship status, or any other legally protected category.