Smartsheet is looking for a Compliance Solution Manager who will provide business and technical leadership in the area of compliance and privacy (GDPR/CCPA) throughout the enterprise sales process of our compliance solutions. You will serve as a trusted solution and technical advisor during the sales process and provide expertise that ensures successful Smartsheet deployment and adoption.
For the right candidate, this is a career-defining opportunity to join us at a critical moment and truly have a significant impact. A proven track record of technical leadership, outstanding customer-facing skills, as well as deep compliance expertise. This high profile role falls under World Wide Field Operations will be based in Bellevue, WA.
Job responsibilities include:
- Partner with Enterprise sales executives and appropriate partners by owning the technical sales process of our compliance related products in support of selling Smartsheet to our customer base
- Provide advice and guidance on Smartsheet compliance offerings as a subject matter expert for prospects, as well as current enterprise users
- Design and develop creative solutions to customer requirements using Smartsheet
- Work closely with Product Management to develop repeatable solutions as the customer advocate on product roadmap discussions to provide input on new feature requests
- Assist in enabling Sales and Sales Engineers to more effectively position Smartsheet Compliance products
- Represent the technical capabilities of Smartsheet to prospects; proactively support prospects in performing evaluations; ensure that prospects keep to their stated evaluation scope and timelines
- Travel to enterprise customer sites periodically, serving as a technical resource to sales staff, as well as engaging with customer IT professionals regarding integration and data questions
- Serve as a front-line expert for “best practice” and prospect technical issues, tracking these issues and ensuring prompt follow up and problem resolution
- Deliver on, and exceed, all performance targets
- Early stage software, preferably SaaS, technical pre-sales (SE) experience in a new category
- 5-8 years’ experience in the Compliance area (GDPR, Privacy, CCPA, etc)
- Passion for working with leading edge, web-based technologies and a desire to deeply understand and demonstrate Smartsheet’s functionality, use cases, as well as business and technical elements
- Substantial experience creating MS Excel-based solutions for collaboration/workflow/project management requirements in lines-of-business and/or IT
- Strong communication skills (written, verbal, presentation), with the ability to explain technical subjects to non-technical end user personnel in large enterprises
- Ability to quickly build credibility, as well as understand and resolve customer technical issues
- Strong competence participating in a complex, solution-based enterprise sales process
- Experience working in a fast-paced, high growth software company where change is a constant
- Willing to travel periodically based on customer and business need
- Google apps, Salesforce.com, MS Word/PowerPoint/Excel skills
- Bachelors (BA/BS) degree required
- Either holds or is currently in pursuit of privacy and compliance certifications (CIPP and CISSP/CISA)
In 2005, Smartsheet was founded on the idea that teams and millions of people worldwide deserve a better way to deliver their very best work. Today, the company delivers a leading cloud-based platform for work execution, empowering organizations to plan, capture, track, automate, and report on work at scale, resulting in more efficient processes and better business outcomes. Smartsheet went public on the New York Stock Exchange in April 2018 and currently enables collaboration, better decision making, and accelerated innovation for over 76,000 domain-based customers in 190 countries, including 96 of the Fortune 100.
Perks & Benefits:
- 100% employer-paid medical, dental, and vision coverage for full-time employees
- Equity - Restricted Stock Units (RSUs) Equity with all offers
- Lucrative Employee Stock Purchase Program (15% discount)
- 401k Match (50% up to 6%, effective May 1st) to help you save for your future
- Monthly stipend towards your commute to work
- 15 days PTO to start, plus Flexible Sick Leave
- Up to 24 weeks of Parental Leave
- Personal paid Volunteer Day to support our community
- Opportunities for professional growth and development including access to Audible for Business and LinkedIn Learning online courses
- Company Funded Perks, including a counseling membership, primary care membership, local retail discounts, and your own personal Smartsheet account
Equal Opportunity Employer:
Smartsheet is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to fostering an inclusive environment with the best employees. We provide employment opportunities without regard to any legally protected status in accordance with applicable laws in the US, UK, and Australia. If there are preparations we can make to help ensure you have a comfortable and positive interview experience, please let us know.
At Smartsheet, we strive to build an inclusive environment that encourages, supports, and celebrates the diverse voices of our team members who also represent the diverse needs of our customers. We’re looking for people who are driven, authentic, supportive, effective, and honest. You’re encouraged to apply even if your experience doesn’t precisely match our job description—if your career path has been nontraditional, that will set you apart. At Smartsheet, we welcome diverse perspectives and people who aren’t afraid to be innovative—join us!