Smartsheet is looking for a Compliance Solution Specialist who will provide business and technical leadership in the area of compliance and privacy (GDPR/CCPA) throughout the enterprise sales process of our compliance solutions. You will serve as a trusted solution and technical advisor during the sales process and provide expertise that ensures successful Smartsheet deployment and adoption.
For the right candidate, this is a career-defining opportunity to join us at a critical moment and truly have a significant impact. A proven track record of technical leadership, outstanding customer-facing skills, as well as deep compliance expertise is required. This high profile role is part of the Enterprise Sales team and will be based in Bellevue, WA.
Job responsibilities include:
- Partner with enterprise sales executives and appropriate partners by owning the technical sales process of our compliance related products in support of selling Smartsheet’s SaaS platform to large enterprises
- Provide advice and guidance on Smartsheet’s compliance offerings as a subject matter expert for prospects, as well as current enterprise users
- Design and develop creative solutions to customer requirements using Smartsheet
- Work closely with Marketing to develop repeatable solutions and Product Management as the customer advocate on product roadmap discussions and to provide input on new feature requests
- Assist in enabling Sales and Sales Engineers to more effectively position Smartsheet’s Compliance products
- Represent Smartsheet’s technical capabilities to prospects; proactively support prospects in performing evaluations; ensure that prospects keep to their stated evaluation scope and timelines
- Travel to enterprise customer sites periodically, serving as a technical resource to sales staff, as well as engaging with customer IT professionals regarding integration and data questions
- Be a recognized Smartsheet technical and business acumen expert and develop deep Smartsheet relevance (workflow definition, solution design, etc.) for all compliance related products and offerings
- Serve as a front-line expert for “best practice” and prospect technical issues, tracking these issues and ensuring prompt follow up and problem resolution
- Provide support for preparing technical responses to prospect questions, FAQs, knowledge-base and case support entries; help define “best practices” for broad usage across large enterprises
- Deliver on, and exceed, all performance targets
- Early stage software, preferably SaaS, technical pre-sales (SE) experience in a new category
- 5-8 years’ experience in the Compliance area (GDPR, Privacy, CCPA, etc)
- Passion for working with leading edge, web-based technologies and a desire to deeply understand and demonstrate Smartsheet’s functionality, use cases, as well as business and technical elements
- Substantial experience creating MS Excel-based solutions for collaboration/workflow/project management requirements in lines-of-business and/or IT
- Strong communication skills (written, verbal, presentation), with the ability to explain technical subjects to non-technical end user personnel in large enterprises
- Ability to quickly build credibility, as well as understand and resolve customer technical issues
- Strong competence participating in a complex, solution-based enterprise sales process
- Experience working in a fast-paced, high growth software company where change is a constant
- Willing to travel periodically based on customer and business need
- Google apps, Salesforce.com, MS Word/PowerPoint/Excel skills
- Bachelors (BA/BS) degree required
- Either holds or is currently in pursuit of privacy and compliance certifications (CIPP and CISSP/CISA)
In 2005, Smartsheet was founded on the idea that teams and millions of people worldwide deserve a better way to deliver their very best work. Today, the company delivers a leading cloud-based platform for work execution, empowering organizations to plan, capture, track, automate, and report on work at scale, resulting in more efficient processes and better business outcomes. Smartsheet went public on the New York Stock Exchange in April 2018 and currently enables collaboration, better decision making, and accelerated innovation for over 76,000 domain-based customers in 190 countries, including 96 of the Fortune 100.
Smartsheet is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Individuals seeking employment at Smartsheet are considered without regard to race, ethnicity, color, age, sex, religion, national origin, ancestry, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, physical or mental disability, registered domestic partner status, caregiver status, marital status, veteran or military status, citizenship status, or any other legally protected category.