Say goodbye to half day planning meetings, merge conflicts, deploys that take days, and weeks of bug fixing ahead of big bang releases. Say hello to writing your code and automated tests, deploying multiple times a day, having impact making happy customers and moving on to the next thing. All while working with bright, committed colleagues in a collaborative environment where everyone is free to contribute to how we evolve our distributed, scalable solutions.
Smartsheet UK is looking for Software Development Engineers (SDE) to join our product engineering teams. Our business is built on finding top grade talent and empowering them to build and improve our automated workflow and large scale synchronisation SaaS solutions. Our software teams are small, fast paced & highly efficient. We work in an agile environment that stays focused on building software that makes an impact. We are looking for highly motivated and intelligent individuals
This position is based in our Edinburgh office.
Job Responsibilities Include:
- Contribute to the entire development life cycle, from concept to release
- Participate in system architecture discussions
- Implement new features and improve the ones we have already built
- Maintain existing service API and develop new ones
- Participate in all phases of quality assurance and defect resolution
- Interact with cloud tooling to debug infrastructure problems
- Experience with Object Oriented design
- Familiarity of Service Oriented Architectures
- Problem solving and troubleshooting skills
- Familiarity with Linux system command line preferred
- Experience building highly scalable, high availability applications
- Ability to work independently in a fast-paced environment with frequent production releases
- Legally eligible to work in the UK on an ongoing basis
- BS or MS in Computer Science, a related field, or equivalent industry experience
Nice to Have:
- Experience with MongoDB and other non relational databases
- Experience with relational relational databases like MySQL
- Nodejs, Java, and C experience
- Experience with Docker
- Experience with Consul and Nomad
- Experience with linux debugging commands like tcpdump and strace
In 2005, Smartsheet was founded on the idea that teams and millions of people worldwide deserve a better way to deliver their very best work. Today, the company delivers a leading cloud-based platform for work execution, empowering organizations to plan, capture, track, automate, and report on work at scale, resulting in more efficient processes and better business outcomes. Smartsheet went public on the New York Stock Exchange in April 2018 and currently enables collaboration, better decision making, and accelerated innovation for over 76,000 domain-based customers in 190 countries, including 96 of the Fortune 100.
Smartsheet is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Individuals seeking employment at Smartsheet are considered without regard to race, ethnicity, color, age, sex, religion, national origin, ancestry, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, physical or mental disability, registered domestic partner status, caregiver status, marital status, veteran or military status, citizenship status, or any other legally protected category.