At Smartsheet, our purpose is to empower everyone to improve how they work. As a member of the Experience Design (XD) team, you'll have the opportunity to shape the future of work, making our category-leading work execution platform useful, usable, and elegant. As the UX program manager, you will work with designers, researchers, product managers and extended team members to drive product excellence and orchestrate the successful delivery of experiences that users find valuable, intuitive and engaging in alignment with the XD vision and strategy. You will streamline our research and design processes and ensure that we deliver quality solutions in an efficient and impactful way maintaining a high level of team cohesion and morale. You will improve and drive all aspects of our quality programs and establish metrics to measure the product experience.
This role will report to the Sr. Director of Experience Design and will be located in our Bellevue, WA Headquarters.
Who We Are:
- We are a growing Experience Design Team of UX Designers, Researchers, Visual Designers, UX Writers, and Customer Experience Architects who love what we do and help our customers love what they do!
- We’re an authentic, scrappy and passionate bunch who partner with our respective product teams to help drive product strategy but also come together as a central XD team to support each other in driving our holistic experience vision forward.
- We are setting the experience bar for enterprise applications so our customers feel empowered, inspired and connected.
What You’ll Do:
- Drive, manage and evolve research and design processes and tools for maximum XD team efficiency and impact.
- Establish workflow process and drive hand-off and approval process.
- Work with XD leadership team to identify priorities and allocate resources.
- Lead UX project planning and prioritization and work with research and design leads to define and break down work, project scope and critical path to success.
- Track the status and health of all UX initiatives, identifying and communicating risks, and managing project schedules.
- Implement operational changes to create an environment in which researchers, designers, and UX writers can thrive in and deliver high quality output.
- Monitor team health/happiness, identifying team needs, resource gaps and communicate recommendations to XD leadership.
- Establish innovative programs for continual learning and inspiration for the XD team.
- Onboard new XD team members.
Who You Are:
- You know how to get the right stuff done efficiently
- You are results-driven.
- You have passion and commitment to product excellence with a practical sense of how to get things done.
- You are a master of making connections and building impactful relationships
- You are direct, yet compassionate and tactful.
- You have loads of empathy for everyone involved and can tune into a variety of motivations to fill in communication gaps and facilitate smooth collaboration.
- You are curious and proactive
- You love learning and aren’t afraid to take on new challenges.
- You’re attuned to early signals of a faltering project or process and proactively take measures to course-correct.
- You are an effective influencer
- You have an uncanny ability to communicate up, down and sideways and possess powers of persuasion.
- You exude positivity and your energy and enthusiasm are contagious.
What You Bring:
- 5+ years experience as a UX Program Manager, Product Manager, Producer or similar role
- 1+ year of experience leading project delivery for large, cross functional projects
- Strong analytical skills and ability to define lean and scalable workflows and process improvements
- Exceptional organizational, time management, and prioritization skills
- Expertise with UX design and research disciplines, tools, and processes
- Experience with Agile methodologies
- Excellent communication skills and interpersonal skills; ability to work successfully with teams across the organization
- Ability to articulate design decisions and advocate for the user
In 2005, Smartsheet was founded on the idea that teams and millions of people worldwide deserve a better way to deliver their very best work. Today, the company delivers a leading cloud-based platform for work execution, empowering organizations to plan, capture, track, automate, and report on work at scale, resulting in more efficient processes and better business outcomes. Smartsheet went public on the New York Stock Exchange in April 2018 and currently enables collaboration, better decision making, and accelerated innovation for over 76,000 domain-based customers in 190 countries, including 96 of the Fortune 100.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Smartsheet is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Individuals seeking employment at Smartsheet are considered without regard to race, ethnicity, color, age, sex, religion, national origin, ancestry, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, physical or mental disability, registered domestic partner status, caregiver status, marital status, veteran or military status, citizenship status, or any other legally protected category.