Smartsheet is looking for a proven Customer Success Manager (CSM) to manage a set of strategic accounts in our Federal Government territory. This important role would drive customer satisfaction, application engagement, customer retention, and growth. The CSM will serve as a key point of contact for customers, understanding their success criteria, sharing best practices, providing solution guidance, and helping them realize value from Smartsheet. This is a career-defining opportunity to join us at a critical moment as we build our Federal Government business. Smartsheet Gov is the only work execution platform listed in the FedRAMP marketplace.
The ideal candidate should have a proven track record for Software as a Service (SaaS) account management and maintaining high customer renewal rates because of ongoing customer engagement, business/technical leadership, and outstanding communication skills.
This vital role is part of our Strategic Accounts Customer Success Team and would be based in Washington, D.C. or Virginia.
- Drive onboarding of accounts with enterprise level customers, ensuring strong adoption and ongoing engagement throughout the customer’s lifecycle
- Execute a comprehensive engagement and communications strategy that proactively maintains high customer satisfaction
- Serve as the Smartsheet subject matter expert (SME) providing guidance to enable customers to drive impact and increase collaboration across their organization and with external parties
- Perform periodic customer success reviews that confirm satisfaction, resolve issues with the help of the Technical Support team, and expand Smartsheet use throughout the account
- Implement and share best practices to ensure customers are realizing the greatest possible value from Smartsheet
- Use usage patterns to gain insights, provide guidance and increase customer adoption and satisfaction
- Serve as the primary interface to manage and resolve critical situations
- Work closely with the Sales, Training and Professional Services teams identify new opportunities to expand customer use of Smartsheet
- Provide expert customer insight to Product Management, Marketing and Sales on what innovation and continuous improvement is needed
- Exceed all performance targets, including maintaining high retention and growth rates
- Minimum 5 years of experience as a Customer Success Manager or Account Manager, preferably working with Federal Government customers at a SaaS software company
- Strong communication skills (written, verbal, presentation), with the ability to explain technical subjects to non-technical personnel in large enterprises
- Ability to build credibility and trust by understanding customer requirements and addressing needs
- Proven ability to maintain highly valuable and outcome-based relationships with a diverse customer account base
- Passion for working with leading edge, web-based technologies and a desire to deeply understand Smartsheet’s benefits, use cases, and technical elements
- Outstanding multi-task task management skills across a varied set of responsibilities
- Proven ability to succeed in a fast-paced, dynamic and high growth technology environment
- Willing to travel periodically based on customer and business need
- Bachelor's degree in a relevant field is highly preferred
- Founded in Bellevue, WA in 2005, Smartsheet is a high-growth cloud-based (SaaS) work management platform that empowers collaboration, drives better decision making, and accelerates innovation. Smartsheet is designed to unleash the benefits of greater work agility and collaboration by providing a powerful platform for organizations to plan, track, automate, and report on work. Smartsheet empowers teams to execute with speed and accountability — and make better decisions, faster.
- Smartsheet is a place where people love what they do and are empowered to do their best work every day. We support one another and achieve our goals as a team, not as individuals. Each person, at every level, gets to have an impact.
- Honest: Be truthful and do what is right
- Authentic: Be real and challenge directly
- Driven: Operate with urgency and focus on results
- Innovative: Develop new ideas and think creatively
- Effective: Deliver quality
- Supportive: Be kind and help each other succeed
Smartsheet is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Individuals seeking employment at Smartsheet are considered without regard to race, ethnicity, color, age, sex, religion, national origin, ancestry, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, physical or mental disability, registered domestic partner status, caregiver status, marital status, veteran or military status, citizenship status, or any other legally protected category.