Who is Fikst?
Fikst, a Re:Build Manufacturing company is a growing product design and engineering consulting firm located in Woburn, MA. We work with pioneering clients to develop their technology, design their products, and bring those products to production. Fikst's areas of expertise include biomedical instruments and consumables, microfluidics, specialty plastic design, optics, industrial automation, and design for manufacturing. We have extensive in-house laboratory and rapid prototyping capability including CNCs, 3D printers and laser cutters, all of which helps facilitate our ability to prototype and innovate fast.
Who is Re:Build Manufacturing?
At Re:Build Manufacturing we're rebuilding America's manufacturing base and creating meaningful, sustainable jobs in areas that have been deindustrialized over the past 20-30 years. Our strategy is to employ technology, systems, deep financial resources, and best management practices to compete and win as manufacturers in the global market. We are NOT private equity. We do not buy companies with the intention of selling them. Over the next decades, we want to make a difference in the US Manufacturing economy and the communities in which we operate. We believe in the power of people and the long-term competitive advantage that can be derived from helping our employees achieve their fullest potential.
Who we are looking for
The Manager of Operations will be responsible for operations of the Re:Build Fikst site in Woburn. The Fikst site has a team of thirty mechanical engineers that develop products for biomedical and industrial automation clients. The site has significant laboratories and prototyping capabilities including CNC machining, 3D printing, silicone casting and a variety of other equipment used to support the develop process. The ideal candidate will have experience in operations and in a consulting environment.
What you'll get to do
- Oversee and develop new processes that support the product development teams.
- Work with and support project teams to ensure they have the space, tools, and equipment to execute projects effectively.
- Coordinate the facilities including the project space, prototyping labs, and shop.
- Oversee positions that support the administration of the office and the product development teams.
- Work with the senior team to create near-term and long-range operating goals specific to the needs of the organization.
- Coordinate moving the operation to a new larger office.
What you bring to the Team
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Excellent managerial and supervisory skills.
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Technical knowledge of engineering and product development.
- Financial skills and the ability to analyze financial data.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite or similar software.
- Bachelor's degree required.
- At least five years of related experience required.
The BIG payoff
We are a company that is going to make a difference in the industries and the communities in which we choose to operate.
Every employee of Re:Build will share ownership in the company and share in the financial rewards of the success we achieve together, at all company levels!
We want to work with people that reflect the communities in which we operate
Re:Build Manufacturing is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, veteran status, marital status, parental status, cultural background, organizational level, work styles, tenure and life experiences. Or for any other reason.
Re:Build is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities in our job application procedures. If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, you may contact us at accommodations.ta@ReBuildmanufacturing.com or you may call us at 617.909.6275.