About Re:Build Manufacturing and Re:Build Tekna:
Tekna was founded in 1988 in the heart of Southwest Michigan where creative vision and hard work laid the foundation for a business that continues to grow in a rapidly evolving industry. The rigor and attention to detail that comes with designing for the medical industry has awarded us success in supporting both major companies and start-ups from early stage development to commercialization. The same principles apply as we've expanded to serve customers in a wide variety of other industries including consumer and industrial goods, electronics, and appliances. Tekna's project portfolio is incredibly diverse covering medical, life science, consumer and industrial product categories. Tekna is largely client focused offering design consulting, contract manufacturing and original equipment manufacturing services. Tekna's cross functional teams include Design Engineering, Industrial Design, CAD, Procurement, Production and Quality which offers a friendly and supportive team atmosphere.
Re:Build Manufacturing is a family of industrial businesses combining cutting-edge enabling technologies, operational superiority, and strategic M&A to build America's next-generation industrial company. Re:Build leverages deep expertise in operations management and technology to supercharge the performance of its subsidiaries by implementing core technologies across industrial platforms in diversified growth markets. Our goal is to help revitalize the U.S. manufacturing base over the coming decades, creating substantial opportunities for our employees and the communities where we operate.
If you like a fast-paced environment where individuals can stretch and be challenged with a diverse set of projects, we offer a great deal of variety and empower our staff to take on as much responsibility as they can handle, offering a helping hand and experienced-based coaching and the support of a highly competent team. Our goal is to enable our employees to achieve their fullest potential, and through our association with Re:Build, provide avenues for personal and professional growth.
Who we look for
The role of Principal Electrical Engineer at Tekna is to provide engineering leadership and guidance to the Engineering Department. You will collaborate with all other engineers as coach, trainer, and mentor. This person will raise the level of technical skill, technical tools, and process efficacy to drive creative solutions, sound engineering practices, and product innovation!
What you'll get to do
- Work closely on business portfolio strategy, initiatives, and execution including market research with the goal of finding and partnering with high value customers in high value industries.
- Lead proposal and statement of work creation and work with customers to meet their needs.
- Fulfill a role on the project Core Team managing the work of the engineers on the design team to ensure compliance with standards, procedures, specifications, and accuracy of calculations and dimensions.
- Work on new product development projects that take design concepts to full scale production in compliance with a quality management system.
- Achieve project goals related to cost, timing, and quality.
- Establish and document product requirements, support concept development and risk management, intellectual property analysis and architectural analysis related to electrical design.
- Use CAD software to create schematics, block diagrams, wiring diagrams, and layout printed circuit board.
- Plan and implement product verification & validation efforts to include writing test protocols, conducting and coordinating tests, then summarizing and concluding test reports.
What you bring to the team
- Bachelor of Science in Electrical Engineering or an equivalent area of study.
- 11-15 years proven success in electromechanical design.
- Exhibit a sound knowledge of electrical engineering design principles.
- Great communication and the ability to manage time and organize tasks.
We want to work with people that reflect the communities in which we operate
Re:Build Manufacturing is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, veteran status, marital status, parental status, cultural background, organizational level, work styles, tenure and life experiences. Or for any other reason.
Re:Build is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities in our job application procedures. If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, you may contact us at accommodations.ta@ReBuildmanufacturing.com or you may call us at 617.909.6275.