About the Role
You will establish and enforce the creative vision and beliefs within the Landor & Fitch creative community. Overseeing the creative output of the studio, to ensure the delivery of new, brand-led, remarkable creative solutions for our clients. Working with the Management Team– you balance success with client relationships and identifying, pitching, and winning new work. You'll lead the creative process within the studio in collaboration with the Creative Director/Design Directors.
Your role is a multifaceted position that requires many strengths. L&F is looking for someone who exudes creative excellence, has strategic brand and design experience, leads with thought and intent, and tremendous potential to drive their team to their best work.
- Magnetic and powerful when selling work and ideas, establishing and enforcing the creative beliefs within the business
- Manage overall creative excellence, including, creative strategy, quality of creative craft, innovation within creative team, and influence of creative product.
- Is the final arbiter of creative excellence for the design group.
- Achieve award wins, and project L&F's image as a creative center of excellence in the market.
Strategic Brand and Design Experience
- Create competitive and fresh design strategies and plans that transform business.
- Partner with senior design colleagues and recognizes them as co-owners of the business.
- Run strategic design sessions with senior client groups.
- Manage the delivery and implementation of brand strategies.
- Can inspire great design internally, and sell it to clients.
- Ensure ongoing training agency staff in important strategic branding practices, such as Brand Architecture, Design Theme, and Brand Driver.
- Share and import best practices within broader L&F network.
- Promote "intellectual capital" within studios.
- Give presentations of creative expertise to the internal L&F community and within the external marketplace to build company profile.
People and Team
- Ensure cross-discipline expertise, by mentoring generalists and specialists alike.
- Provide ongoing performance evaluation, support and counsel to Creative Directors and Design Directors, addressing creative quality, client development and profitability, collaboration with other creative leads, and staff development and issues
- Foster a sense of community within the creative staff.
- Network with senior L&F leaders globally.
- The ECD works with the Leadership Team to ensure appropriate resourcing
- Establish the resource pool structure and caliber.
- Assist Creative Directors and Design Directors in identifying new talent, giving hiring approval.
- Establish and assign creative lead to client engagements. The ECD may be daily creative lead for some clients.
- Help develop client-focused cross-discipline team structures.
- Partner with other executive team members to ensure quality, profitability, and client satisfaction.
- 8+ years' design experience in a branding/design agency
- Familiarity with the role—having held a Creative Director position previously
- Excellent global understanding of consumers and client-businesses, forged through many industry connections
- Understand /awareness of the local aesthetic and culture when creating local and global brands, e.g. type, color issues, symbols for regions.
- Ensure all correspondence, materials, presentations, and proposals seen by prospective and existing clients are error-free, of highest quality and relevant to our client's issues.
- Ensure delivery of high-quality deliverables that address all relevant prospective clients requirements.
- Communicate findings in a compelling manner in written, oral and presentation forms.
- Share best practices and resources with peers within broader Landor network.
This position is based out of Mexico City and is open to candidates willing to relocate.
Landor & Fitch is an equal opportunity employer and considers applicants for all positions without regard to race, color, religion or belief, sex, age, national origin, citizenship status, marital status, military/veteran status, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity, physical or mental disability. We believe in creating a dynamic work environment that values diversity and inclusion and strives to recruit a diverse slate of candidates to help us achieve that goal.