Strategists at Landor & Fitch are thinkers and doers who take ownership in translating data and the world around them into meaningful insights and actionable recommendations for clients. They apply analytical rigor, critical thinking, and creativity to solve complex brand and marketing issues. Working as part of a wider team, they review data, conduct analysis, uncover insights and prepare coherent and persuasive point of view and actionable recommendations for our clients. Strategists create lasting impact by demonstrating industry-leading thinking, entrepreneurial spirit, and restless intellectual curiosity in their everyday work.
Job Duties & Responsibilities
- Supports and partners with others to create thought leadership, frameworks, and processes
- Structures, analyses, and synthesizes primary and secondary research to generate actionable insights
- Provides a clear assessment of the future relationship between the client and their consumers
- Researches the client's business context and understands the client's decision criteria
- Owns and leads work streams, understanding how they impact the overall project
- Ability to start creating positioning, brand architecture and tone of voice hypotheses
- Integrates with other Landor & Fitch departments to steer brands into creative including creative briefings and reviews
- Stimulates and provokes new thinking that keeps us on our best game
- Leads interviews - internal, external, executive
- Strong presentation skills
- Tells a compelling story
People and Team
- Fosters communication and cohesion between internal teams and functions
- Has a good understanding of team interaction and roles of team members
- Participates and leads in workshops and other sessions to grow expertise in Experience Maps, Opportunity Mapping, Brand Driver Platform, and other tools to identify business opportunities and solve clients’ business challenges
- Responsible for motivating project teams and working closely with creative and client service counterparts, forming a strong triumvirate
Competencies for Success
- Strong balance of thought and action
- Familiar with brand strategy, brand naming, product and portfolio architecture, creative briefing, campaign messaging and design principles
- Excellent analytical, critical thinking, and problem-solving skills
- Solid understanding of how brands and businesses work, including the role of packaging, product/service innovation, sustainability and ecommerce.
- Has a thorough understanding of the FMCG landscape, is up to date with what brands are doing, and can bring relevant examples from one category to another to support an idea
- Meets challenges head-on and proactively solves for them; sees two-steps ahead
- Has high standards for work and impeccable attention to detail
- Capable of handling multiple and multidisciplinary projects
- Team-oriented across all levels and functions
- Ability to influence and inspire others with a strong bias for “why not?” to “why?”
- Ability to manage conflicting priorities
- Open-minded, inherently curious, and willing to share fresh perspectives in solving problems
- Knows the big picture, thinks about the present and the future; explores and presents possibilities
- Elevated sense of design, colour and aesthetic
- Keeps finger on the pulse of trends, design and technology
Our commitment to Diversity & Inclusion
We believe diversity brings creativity, which is at the heart of everything we do. We are actively engaging in creating an environment free of discrimination, where our people and their uniqueness can shine and be celebrated. We’re working to set a standard for the industry as a whole, creating a culture of equity and belonging. We may not be perfect, and we know there is work to do, but we regularly check with our teams and Employee Resource Groups on how we are doing, using their insight to frame our thinking and actions, so we can all do better, working as one Landor & Fitch.
Landor & Fitch is committed to a policy of Equal Employment Opportunity and will not discriminate against an applicant or employee based on race, religion, creed, national origin or ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability, veteran or military status, genetic information, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital status, or any other legally recognized protected basis under federal, state, or local law.
Due to the volume of applications, we unfortunately can only respond to successful candidates.
We will not accept unsolicited CVs or approaches via recruitment agencies.