Graphic Design Intern – New York (Hybrid)
10 Week Program (05/31/23 - 08/11/23) - Pay: $18/hour
We believe in Extraordinary.
The Design Intern is responsible for supporting the creative team through innovative design to ensure the delivery of extraordinary creative solutions. While interning with the creative team, you’ll be able to flex your design muscles, while also getting an opportunity to sit in on brainstorming sessions and client meetings. With the pandemic our work has evolved, and you may work on a live, a virtual, or a hybrid experience.
What you’ll do
- Support Creative staff with design needs, like decks, presentations and comps
- Help New Business team as needed on mood boards, and other pitch materials
- Keep abreast of cultural events and trends that affect our audiences
- Stay current on all industry trends and pop culture
- Commit to 10 weeks (May 31st - August 11th) of inspiring work, learning, and fun, day in, day out
What you’ll bring to Jack
- College degree or degree in progress. Great Fits: Degrees in Art History, Graphic Design, Art Direction, Fine Arts, and Film; preferably studied at a Design School
- Creative and artistic presentation skills; the ability to think visually and collaborate with other creative team members
- Experience in Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign, Keynote, PowerPoint and/or other design programs
- Knowledge of brand positioning and industry trends
- Excellent attention to detail in any project you complete
- Ability to work under tight deadlines
- Flexibility to engage with the team and on the work, while participating virtually. At the moment, we have no required ‘live/in person’ part of the Intern Program, though access to our office is available following health and safety protocols.
Who you are!
- A rising college junior, senior, recent grad or grad student
- Previous agency experience is a plus
- Extraordinary! Both as a person and a multi-tasker
- Detail-oriented: you leave nothing to chance
- Creative problem solver: you’re able to change course at the drop of a hat
- Cool under pressure, prepared for every possible situation that might pop up
- Passionate, Agile, Respectful, and Brave!
All Creative intern applicants (Design, Illustration, Copywriting) must provide a link to your portfolio on your resume. Design and Illustration intern applicants should also have a background in graphic design with advanced skills in Adobe CS, specifically Illustrator, InDesign, and Photoshop.
What you gain
- We provide an intern experience as extraordinary as the work we deliver for our clients. We take our work seriously, but not ourselves (check out ourblog and Instagram for more on that). You can expect to learn and grow from the best in the business and gain valuable agency experience while meeting and working with incredible people during a summer you’ll never forget. We’ll do our best to provide a great experience, without setting foot into an office.
Overachiever? We love it. Feel free to add a note (300 words max) addressing the following when you apply:
- Why are you interested in Jack and this particular role?
- Tell us: “Why choose me?”
Last but not least, we believe in diversity, equity and inclusion.
Jack Morton and Genuine are equal opportunity employers; we strongly value diversity at our companies. We do not discriminate on race, religion, color, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, marital status, veteran status, or any other basis prohibited by law. In 2020, Jack Morton and Genuine, as part of Interpublic Group (IPG), have been named to the Bloomberg Gender Equality Index (GEI), and Jack Morton has once again been designated a Best Place To Work For LGBTQ Workplace Equality by the Human Rights Campaign in their Corporate Equality Index.
This role may require the ability to comply with COVID-19 health and safety protocols, in some instances proof of COVID-19 vaccination and/or testing may be required. In those instances, accommodations may be requested based on a valid medical exemption, sincerely held religious belief, or other exception required under applicable law.
We make our careers website accessible to any and all users. If you need an accommodation to participate in the application process, please contact us at JobAppAccommodation@ipgdxtra.com. This email address is not for general employment inquiries or vendors; rather it is strictly for applicants who require special assistance accessing our employment website. Due to volume, messages sent to this email address that are not related to an accommodation cannot be answered.