THE JOB / Event Trainee, Dealer Drive Tour
Octagon is looking for Event Trainees to assist in the execution of a nationwide driving program running from April through August 2023!
The tour will consist of four (4) teams that will each travel to dealerships across the country and facilitate driving events that provide a unique “behind the wheel” experience for consumers! Led by a core account team based in Stamford, CT, Event Trainees will be tasked with the set-up, implementation, and execution of these automotive experiences.
Events will take place on both weekdays and weekends; travel days as well as off days are built into the schedule. The position will require 100% travel, including working non-traditional hours during weekends, nights, and holidays, and will include assisting with the transport of the vehicle fleet.
The right candidate will be able to work as part of a cohesive team and will collaborate with various internal divisions, client partners/vendors, and consumers. This position offers a unique opportunity to learn on-site logistics and event activation. Strong team dynamic skills and excellent interpersonal skills are required for this position.
THE WORK YOU’LL DO
- Coordinate and execute all on-site activities
- Responsible for daily set-up, breakdown, and maintenance of all event equipment
- Conduct participant registration and instruction
- Troubleshoot on-site challenges
- Provide daily test-drive and registration recaps
- Rotate between various activation components onsite
- Ensure that event attendees have a positive and engaging experience
- Answer product related questions
- Assist with upkeep of fleet vehicles
- Work with the core account team on program wrap-up
- Keep organized records of all travel expenses and time tracking
- Work/travel on weekends, holidays and during non-traditional hours
- Travel including driving for extended periods of time in daylight and some evenings
- Other related duties as reasonably assigned
THE BIGGER TEAM YOU’LL JOIN
Where others see complexity, we see possibility.
Octagon is the global sports, entertainment and experiential marketing arm of the Interpublic Group.
But if that classification doesn’t do it for you, and it shouldn’t, let’s take it a step further.
We are what we believe. And we believe that while the world of sports and entertainment is full of opportunities and possibilities, sometimes the amount of choice can seem a little overwhelming. Even daunting.
That’s where we come into play.
At Octagon we inspire brands, talent, and our people to see the world for all its potential. We then help break down the complexity and push forward so you can make your next right move.
WHO WE’RE LOOKING FOR
- A passion for and expertise in sports, entertainment, gaming, music and/or celebrity culture
- Passion for luxury automotive a strong plus
- 0-1+ years’ work or internship experience in events or a customer-service oriented role
- Basic knowledge of event management is a plus
- Must be at least 21+ years of age
- Desire to learn and develop a career in event marketing
- Excellent verbal communication skills
- Presentation or public speaking experience a plus
- Personality traits: confident, engaging, enthusiastic and articulate
- Capacity to become knowledgeable on our client’s industry, brand and product offerings
- Ability and comfort level to communicate with consumers, potential consumers or fans in an event setting
- Willingness to travel extensively (including weekends) for weeks at a time
- Strong ability to work as part of a team, demonstrate initiative and solve problems effectively and independently
- Valid driver’s license and clean driving record
- All applicants will need to provide proof of COVID vaccination or contact the organization’s HR team if eligible for an exemption.
This position pays minimum wage and is overtime-eligible.
Octagon is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, citizenship, disability or protected veteran status.
We make our careers website accessible to any and all users. If you need an accommodation to participate in the application process, please contact us at JobAppAccommodation@ipgdxtra.com. This email address is not for general employment inquiries or vendors; rather it is strictly for applicants who require special assistance accessing our employment website. Due to volume, messages sent to this email address that are not related to an accommodation cannot be answered.