We believe in Extraordinary.
At Jack Morton we create head-turning, stomach-dropping, mind-boggling, smile-inducing brand experiences for everyone. It’s the future of marketing and there’s nothing passive or predictable about it. We promise every day will be different than the previous one in a very good way.
We take care of each other, as much as we take care of business. We marvel in each other’s uniqueness and revel in what each of us brings to the human potluck that is Jack.
So, if you want to help shape the future of an entire industry, welcome. If you feel work, and the people you work with, can be extraordinary, let’s chat. We’re Jack, and we can’t wait to meet you.
That brings us to you.
As a freelance Senior Copywriter, you’ll be accountable for executing bold creative ideas rooted in the overall strategy and helping direct how those ideas come to life.
Depending on projects, hours worked will range from 15-20 hours/week for the duration of about six months. You must be available during standard Eastern Time business hours. A link to your portfolio must be on your resume and/or submitted as part of your application – if applicable, provide the password to your portfolio.
What you’ll be doing
- Generate big creative ideas that grow business, meet client objectives, and win awards
- Help shape and execute the expression of those ideas across all experience media including brand acts and integrated campaigns
- Work closely with designers to ensure copy and visuals work together and are consistent to the concept
- Work with the Creative Director and ACDs to help define the campaigns
- Present your ideas in a compelling way—written and verbally—to internal audiences and clients
- Work with the production team to ensure your ideas are as powerful as they were when pitched
- Understand the clients’ business by staying tuned in to business needs, competitive landscape, and cultural events and trends relevant to clients’ audiences
- Participate in creating a diverse, equitable, and inclusive work environment. Actively support and engage in creating and sustaining a workplace that fosters creativity and innovation
- Lead by example and mentor junior talent
- Participate in key new business pitches and in the development of case studies
If you can do all that, you have what it takes. It might help if…
- 4–6 years of overall creative experience
- BA in writing or related discipline preferred
- Superior writing, editing and proofreading skills with proven experience with message development and storytelling for different mediums (i.e., digital, paid media, print, broadcast, etc.)
- Able to work both independently and within a highly collaborative environment
- Relentless attention to detail
- An unmatched passion and energy for your craft, Jack Morton, and brand experience
- Most importantly—you take the work seriously, but not yourself
Last but not least, we believe in diversity, equity, and inclusion.
Jack Morton and Genuine are equal opportunity employers; we strongly value diversity at our companies. We do not discriminate on race, religion, color, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, marital status, veteran status, or any other basis prohibited by law. In 2020, Jack Morton and Genuine, as part of Interpublic Group (IPG), have been named to the Bloomberg Gender Equality Index (GEI), and Jack Morton has once again been designated a Best Place To Work For LGBTQ Workplace Equality by the Human Rights Campaign in their Corporate Equality Index.
This role may require the ability to comply with COVID-19 health and safety protocols, in some instances proof of COVID-19 vaccination and/or testing may be required. In those instances, accommodations may be requested based on a valid medical exemption, sincerely held religious belief, or other exception required under applicable law.
We make our careers website accessible to any and all users. If you need an accommodation to participate in the application process, please contact us at JobAppAccommodation@ipgdxtra.com. This email address is not for general employment inquiries or vendors; rather it is strictly for applicants who require special assistance accessing our employment website. Due to volume, messages sent to this email address that are not related to an accommodation cannot be answered.