WHAT IS BOX?
Box is the market leader for Cloud Content Management. Our mission is to power how the world works together. Box is partnering with enterprise organizations to accelerate their digital transformation by creating a single platform for secure content management, collaboration and workflow. We have an amazing opportunity to further establish ourselves as leaders in the space, and we need strong advocates to help us achieve that goal.
By joining Box, you will have the unique opportunity to help capture a majority of this developing market and define what content management looks like for the digital enterprise. Today, Box powers over 99,000 businesses, including 70% of the Fortune 500 who trust Box to manage their content in the cloud.
WHY BOX NEEDS YOU
Box is looking for an Engineering Manager to lead our Identity Access Management Services (IAMS) team and help us continue to securely scale our industry-leading platform. It is the responsibility of this team to secure our customer's content by delivering trusted products and platforms. You'll also get to learn about supporting compliance, legal, and internal infrastructure efforts as we are often domain experts for them. You'll get to work with a wide variety of partners and customers on a team that values input and learning.
WHAT YOU'LL DO
You will lead a team of Site Reliability Engineers to make sound, repeatable decisions, and implementing those ideas via mature processes, technology, automation, and engagement with partner teams at Box. You will be working in a collaborative environment that focuses on enabling the team to share their unique skills, experience, and perspectives.
We are focused on various technical areas that support Security efforts at Box. You will focus on one or more of them. Some of those areas are:
- Manage a team of 6-8 engineers who are heads-down working on IAM services.
- Scale your team via mentorship, strategic planning for Organic Growth and infrastructure impact of new project and architecture changes and build a culture that reflects your values of accountability, collaboration and passion.
- Participate in deep technical design discussions within your team, across partner teams, and ensure that we are building the right solutions around Identity and Access Management hardening and improvements to Production workloads
- Lead the team in developing automations / frameworks / tools for enforcing security controls
- You'll collaborate with managers in cloud engineering team to foster solid engineering principles and represent our engineering values and build secure cloud native platform
- You're detail-oriented and curious and when you're faced with a black box - you open it up and figure out how it works
- You effectively prioritize and manage your time and you can communicate effortlessly in any medium - email, slack, phone, face-to-face - and to any audience from a senior engineer to a vice president
- Advocate security improvements through Box systems, procedures, and knowledge
- Provide security expertise for truly massive software projects and cloud service designs for a hybrid cloud model
WHO YOU ARE
- You have a BA/BS in Computer Science or related field
- You have 3+ years of experience managing engineering teams and delivering in the security industry 5You have experience running distributed systems in production at scale and have managed systems with software
- Experience translating business needs into engineering opportunities
- Experience growing and managing diverse, talented, global engineering teams.
- Experience building strong relationships within and across peer teams that foster deep engagement and delivering key technologies.
- You act like an owner and strive to do work you're proud of, both technically and in your team interactions
- You are able to inspire other people to work with you, and you enjoy mentoring and coaching others
- Experience with Linux, and hypervisor & Container security (especially in cloud environments) experience working with private and public clouds (IAAS, GCP, AWS, etc) , Security review / risk assessment (threat modeling, penetration testing, security code review, etc)
- Have an understanding of of network protocols (TCP/UDP, SSH, TLS, DNS, DHCP, IPMI, SNMP, etc) and applied cryptography (encryption, signing, certificates, algorithms)
- A sense of urgency and impatience infused with infectious enthusiasm to drive our vision
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Visit this webpage to check out all of our exciting healthcare benefits:
- For all other benefits, please check out:
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
For details on how we protect your information when you apply, please see our