WHAT IS BOX?
Box is the market leader for Cloud Content Management. Our mission is to power how the world works together. Box is partnering with enterprise organizations to accelerate their digital transformation by creating a single platform for secure content management, collaboration and workflow. We have an amazing opportunity to further establish ourselves as leaders in the space, and we need strong advocates to help us achieve that goal.
Today, Box powers over 100,000 businesses, including 69% of the Fortune 500 who trust Box to manage their content in the cloud. Our Warsaw office is an incredibly exciting addition to our EMEA expansion. We're already in London, France, and Germany, and the new Poland location will act as a global engineering and product development hub alongside our headquarters in Redwood City, California.
Our Apps Foundation Team is responsible for implementing features and architectural improvements that enable other teams to build web and mobile apps efficiently. The goal of this team is to make feature development faster and easier across teams. A core part of the responsibility is to maintain and improve legacy codebase and tools that enable CI/CD across teams. The team is currently working on implementing GraphQL to improve the API layer and another project to enable independent app deployment using Google Cloud Services and Webpack.
Who we're looking for: We're looking for an experienced engineering professional who is willing to work on next-generation features and able to make architectural improvements on existing functionality. We expect you to raise the quality bar for the organization as well and always thinking ahead to making development easier. We would like you to be comfortable working at web scale with enterprise-grade practices, and be comfortable with the trade-offs that entails.
- You have 6+ years of professional software development experience
- You have experience making front end architectural improvements
- You have experience working with legacy codebases
- You speak English proficiently
Nice to have:
- Experience with GraphQL and Webpack
- Experience with Google Cloud Services
- Experience with FE testing frameworks
- Leadership skills
Candidate will be expected to:
- Work with the team in US to onboard and learn about the current responsibilities
- Attend weekly stand ups, sprint planning / retrospectives, team meetings, manager 1:1s
- Maintain one or more legacy codebases
- Provide input in implementing standards across all product teams at Box
- Help on-board new team members and mentor junior engineers
- Participate in production on-call rotation with your team members
- As one of the first employees to join the newly-created office, you will play a foundational role in developing and fostering Box culture
- You will be an ambassador of Box Poland, representing the company and your team internally and externally
Percentage of Time Spent:
- 50% coding
- 20% bug fixes
- 15% documentation
- 15% meetings
- Agile management - Scrum
- Issue tracking tool -Jira
- Knowledge repository - GitHub, Confluence
- Code reviews - GitHub
- Version control system - GitHub
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
For details on how we protect your information when you apply, please see our .
For more details on how Box Poland protects your information, please see our Supplemental Personnel and Candidate Privacy Notice.